Announcements, updates, and weekend preparations!
Friday, January 21, 2021
If you would like to share your praises, prayer requests, leave a comment about how you've been impacted recently or if you have a question about something you've been thinking about, please click here.
Would you like to walk with someone in the First Principles of following Jesus? Are you willing to serve the body by leading in corporate prayer, reading scripture, praying with those who come to the altar on Sundays? If so, click here.
Take Heed How You Hear!
Ten Practical Preparations for Hearing the Word of God on Sunday Morning
1. Pray that God would give you a good and honest heart.
The heart we need is a work of God. That’s why we pray for it. Ezekiel 36:26, “I will give you a new heart.” Jeremiah 24:7, “I will give them a heart to know me.” Let’s pray, “O Lord, give me a heart for you. Give me a good and honest heart. Give me a soft and receptive heart. Give me a humble and meek heart. Give me a fruitful heart."
2. Meditate on the Word of God.
Psalm 34:8, “O taste and see that the LORD is good.” On Saturday night read some delicious portion of your Bible with a view to stirring up hunger for God. This is the appetizer for Sunday morning’s meal.
Click here to continue reading.
How much hardship a man will endure, how long and tenaciously he will persevere, is determined by the godly warrior within him. A man may have a job he hates under an arrogant boss, but if he sees it as warrior training, he will endure. A man in a difficult marriage can persevere only if he finds the warrior inside. The heart of the warrior says, “I will put myself on the line for you. I will not let evil have its way. There are some things that cannot be endured. I’ve got to do something. There is freedom to be had.”
It's time to quit asking, “Why is life so hard?” and take the hardness as the call to fight, to rise up, face it down, set your “face as flint,” as Jesus had to do to fulfill his life’s greatest mission. You are a warrior, and your anointing and calling are to join the Great Warrior in his battle against evil.
Jesus does not ask men to become altar boys; He calls them up as warriors.
Saturday, January 22nd
Sunday, January 23rd
Continue the Discussion This Sunday @ 9:30am
Over the last year or two, while the world has been in perpetual, personal crisis mode, we have worked very diligently on walking humbly and holy before the Lord, both individually and collectively -- TOGETHER as a church family. We will continue to do so in our personal walks, our marriages, families, Groups, etc.
In 2022, we are going to broaden our FOCUS, beyond our walls and to our Community.
Does our community feel loved by our church?
Are we shining our light before men in our community?
If God shut our doors tomorrow, would our community feel a loss, would they feel joy or would they even notice?
We're going to start this year looking at some practical steps of how we, both personally and collectively, can be light in a dark world -- to leverage who we are and what we've been given to reach our neighbors, our city and our world with the Gospel -- so others may hear...AND live!
Click the Image Above to join The Ekklesia in the Worship Center for this next 6-week CU discussion including all young adults/adults of Crossroads, ages 6th grade and up.
Thursday, January 27th
Friday, January 28th
Sunday, February 20th
Sunday, February 27th
Save These Important Dates That Are Coming Up Through The Rest Of The Year!!!
- Sunday, January 23rd: Third session of 2022 Crossroad's University "How Do We Love Our Community?" @9:30am
- Thursday, January 27th: Session 4 of Warriors Basketball and Cheer, 6:30-8:00pm @ Matthew's Elementary
- Saturday, January 22nd: 50+ BRUNCH @11am in The Underground
- Sunday, February 20th: Breakfast with the Ekklesia @9:30am in The Underground
- Sunday, February 27th: Lord's Supper with the Ekklesia @9:30am
- Saturday-Sunday, March 4-6, 2022: Crossroads Men's Warrior Weekend
- Sunday, April 10th: The Well: Holy Week Edition @6pm
- Sunday, May 29th: Crossroad Family Picnic
- Sunday, July 3rd: Freedom Bash
- Sunday, July 17th: The Well @6pm
- Monday-Friday, August 1st-5th: CSM @ Eagle Rock Retreat
- Friday-Saturday, September 9th-10th: Burger Barn
- Sunday, October 2nd: Tailgate
- Saturday, October 15th: Strike 4 Hunger
- Friday, October 28th: Trail or Treat
- Sunday, November 20th: The Well: Thanksgiving Edition @6pm
- Saturday, December 24th: The Well: Christmas Edition @6pm
*Dates are subject to change and more events will be added! We'll keep you informed.
In This Season of Colds, Influenzas and Covid Variants...
Our shepherds' hearts desire for every Covenant Partner and Regular Attender of our local body to be in The Ekklesia (the called out, assembled ones) every single time that we gather in the name of Jesus. But with illness, travel and emergencies, we understand that is just not possible.
We also understand that there are some that don't need any help finding excuses to "call in sick" and yet there are others that need to be bound and gagged to prevent them from dragging themselves to "man their post", looking and feeling like death warmed over.
- We are trusting you to be considerate and mindful of the well-being of your brother/sister as well as your own household and yourself.
- We are trusting you to be obedient to God’s Word, which calls us to love and care for one another...to show honor, dignity, and respect to one another,
- We are trusting you to know your body - whether symptoms are allergies, asthma or sinus infections or whether they are due to cold, flu, or covid. If you are unsure, stay home.
- If you have flu or covid symptoms, fever, severe cough, infection, etc, we respectfully encourage you to watch the service by live stream from your home for your safety and that of others.
- If you are scheduled to serve in KidzMin, Risk Management, Guest Relations/Hospitality, etc. (Tech and Worship Teams are a bit different) and are going to be unable to serve as scheduled due to illness, please, with as much notice as possible, serve your Leaders, your Team, and your body by posting in the designated Church Center Group to find your own replacement. We understand that in extreme emergencies this may not be possible, but as much as is possible, please help us with this. We have an average of 40 to 45 people scheduled to serve every Sunday morning and it can become a logistical nightmare if we have "no shows" and/or 4 or 5 cancels at the last minute, expecting someone else to find their replacement.
...helping others find AND follow Jesus.
DOWNLOAD CHURCH CENTER TODAY!
- ...find a Group
- ...participate in Group messaging with your Group and Ministry Teams and find contact information for those in your Group
- ...support your church, missions and special projects through Giving
- ...signup for a variety of special events (like the ones above this message)
- ...view an upcoming calendar of events here at Crossroads so you can mark your own calendars
- ...view a directory of contacts within the church family and see photos to connect a face with a name
- ...pre-check-in on your way to The Big House so you don't have to stand in line at the Check-In Stations
You'll find links to some of the most vital utilities and features you'll need access to in order to fully participate in community here at Crossroads Church
You can find and install Church Center in the App Store of your mobile device or by clicking the image above.
You can also find and bookmark all the Church Center features and utilities in your favorite browser on your computer by CLICKING HERE or by typing https://crossroadsgv.churchcenter.com/ in the search bar.
Stay Connected to C2
Our Website: http://direction4living.com
- 900 NW Jefferson St. - Grain Valley, MO 64029
- Crossroads Church - PO Box 351- Grain Valley, MO 64029
Darryl & Sharon Jones - Elder/Lead Pastor
- Darryl - 816-694-7621 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click Here to schedule an appointment with Pastor Darryl
- Sharon - 816-694-7622 / email@example.com
Bonnie Burns - Pastor Darryl's Admin Assistant
- 816-718-2153 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel & Krysten Ballard - Elder/Worship Arts/Student Ministry Pastor
- Daniel - 816-517-4252 / email@example.com
- Krysten - 816-809-1128 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael & Summer Hicks / Elder
- Michael - 816-298-3032 / email@example.com
- Summer - 816-572-1264 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: the church DOES have a phone line for those outside the church family. We've had the line for the last 22 years and it's good to have for the general public. The church line mostly attracts sales and marketing calls. As a result, it is not monitored very closely.
If you need to contact one of our Staff Pastors or Elders, PLEASE USE THEIR MOBILE NUMBERS WHICH ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ABOVE. You'll also find this information in the front of your Crossroads Connections notebook. These numbers are not to be given out to the public but are available for your personal use.
Office Hours: 10am-3pm Monday thru Thursday
- Pastor Darryl Jones is full-time here at the church but isn’t always in the office as ministry happens everywhere. Pastor Darryl and Sharon live here in “The Big House” and try to be very accessible to the church family. However, they do try to protect Friday each week as a day of restorative rest and time together. Click Here to schedule an appointment with Pastor Darryl. Pastor Darryl tries to “unplug” electronically on Fridays but can be contacted through Sharon in case of emergency.
- Pastor Daniel Ballard is only in the church offices part-time while serving as a full-time EMT for the Odessa Fire Protection District.
- Michael Hicks is a lay Elder and does not keep office hours. He is self-employed and owns his own company, East Side Electric, LLC.
- Bonnie Burns is Pastor Darryl’s Administrative Assistant and works in the church offices during office hours.
- Everyone else who serves our church does so on a volunteer basis—neither receiving compensation nor keeping office hours.
All of that to say - we are here to serve you, but “here” is always relative. Text, email and phone are our friends. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you can’t find us at “The Big House”.
Connect with Us!
...by leveraging who we are and what we've been given to reach our neighbors, our city and our world with the Gospel -- so others may hear...AND live.