Fourth Grade News
Where Champions Are Made
Put first things first
Family is where life begins and love never ends.
Timberline is proud to be a Leader in Me School!
Encourage your child to overcome fear with courage.
The greatest prison people live in is the fear of what other people think.
Calendar of Events
May 8 Math STAAR Test (please make sure they are rested and fed a protein packed breakfast)
May 9 Reading STAAR Test (please make sure they are rested and fed a protein packed breakfast)
May 10 6wk Progress Report
May 11 PTA Meeting
May 11 Leaders on Stage Both Classes 3:15-4:15pm
May 12 Final Book Return Day TES Library
May 17 Field Trip to Austin
Learning Targets for May 8-12
I can understand character traits and interactions based on their .
I can identify new vocabulary and infer the meaning based on context clues.
I can understand what a boomtown is and why they were important in shaping Texas.
I can explain the legislative branch in Texas.
I can write a free verse poem and describe why it's classified as a free verse.
I can write an expository and edit my writing.
I can solve one-step and multi-step multiplication and division problems.
I can interpret the remainder in a division problem.
I can identify numerous adaptations on a particular organism that enable survival.
explore, compare, adaptation, camouflage, organism, prey, predator, divisor, dividend, quotient, remainder, expository, classify, boomtown, roughneck, population, nation, contributions, legislative, capitol, state law, chamber, senate, house of representatives, government
IMPORTANT AUSTIN FIELD TRIP INFORMATION!
- Thank you to our chaperones for attending the meeting and for making arrangements to go with us. We couldn't do it without you!
- We are super excited about our trip. Please drop your RESTED child off at TES on May 17th at 6:00am. The estimated pick up time that evening will be 8:30pm.
- ATTIRE: jeans, TES t-shirt, labeled jacket, comfortable tennis shoes
- 3 drinks no more than 17 oz. each with all with a screw on cap.
- Optional: Labeled disposable camera
- No cell phones, mp3players, money, or games
Our trip will include a visit to the following places; Texas Ranger Museum, Bullock Texas State History Museum, and the Texas State Capitol.
We look forward to an awesome adventure of learning and fun! Please contact your child's teacher if you have any questions.