October 5, 2022
FALL FAMILY FESTIVAL
If you have a student in Preschool-4th grade, this is for you and your entire family. Join us from 5:00-7:00 pm for food trucks(Mexcellente, Beechers Pretzels and Pizza Parliament), a photo-op area, corn hole, and a scavenger hunt for the kids. We will have tables out to sit at but feel free to bring your own chair or blanket if you want to set up in the grass to eat. We look forward to getting all our elementary families together! Can't wait to see you on Tuesday night!
ELEMENTARY WORSHIP - Fridays @ 9:10 am
- Oct. 7 - 2nd Grade: Miss Genzink
- Oct. 14 - 1st Grade: Mrs. Vroon
WEST CAMPUS WORSHIP - Thursdays @ 8:05 am
- Oct. 6 - Mr. Leugs
- Oct. 13 - Mrs. Bolt
We’re looking for volunteers and ideas for our Exploratories! It’s a wonderful way for our middle school students to have a wide variety of experiences so they can explore their current interests or try new things. We’re looking for people to share their interests and have fun with a group of middle school students!
Dates: Wednesday, November 3 - Friday, November 5 from 1:30-3:00
An exploratory class meets for about 90 minutes for three days during one week. You would lead the class for all three days.
Examples of exploratory classes:
Scrapbooking, sacred dance, karate, swing dance, film making, knitting, basket weaving, murals, card making, equestrian, fly tying and lure making, fishing, Zumba, Dutch language, skits, cartoon animation, Claymation, origami structures, wandering in God’s creation, disc golf, cake decorating.
If you’d like more information about this or would like to volunteer, please contact Lori Bolt - email@example.com
Annual Craft Sale - Nov 5
Legacy's Fall Craft Sale is one of the Parent Club's biggest fundraisers!! Each year, proceeds from the Craft Sale help support the school's general fund to keep tuition as low as possible.
To ensure a successful event, we are asking each Legacy family to sign up for at least THREE of the items listed!!! Click here to sign up.
Volunteer to help prepare for the craft sale!
Please sign up to volunteer to make Pigs-in-the-Blankets and Apple Pies or sign up to donate the supplies needed. The Pig-in-the-Blanket Workbee will be October 13. The Apple Pie Workbee will be Wednesday and Thursday October 26 and 27.
FOOD SERVICE COORDINATOR - WEST CAMPUS
Legacy is accepting applications for a part-time Food Service Coordinator at the West Campus. This position is 10-15 hours per week, approximately 10:30 am-1:00 pm, Monday-Friday and follows the school schedule. The Food Service Coordinator is responsible for compiling and submitting the monthly lunch orders, ordering food, preparing and serving food and cleaning up the kitchen and serving area. All training and certification will be provided. OfficeSuite and computer knowledge are a plus.
LEGACY COMMUNITY IN PRAYER
Please join together with others in the Legacy Community to pray for our school on Fridays at 8:10 in the conference room of the elementary building (enter near office, turn left, and room is on the right across from the gym.) Feel free to invite others who support our school to join us for an hour of prayer. You may (but it is not necessary) bring a Bible and a pen/pencil. We will follow the format of the National Mom's in Prayer Group and a prayer guide will be available to follow. If you are unable to join us at this time but would like to have the guide emailed to you so you can pray on your own, please contact Ann DeRooy at firstname.lastname@example.org. This week we will be praying for: Sheri Albrecht, Steve Buerger, Nico Damsteegt, Rene' Houskamp and Lynelle VanderWoude. We will also be praying for the Mrs. Snyder's kindergarten class by name.
I hope everyone is off to a great start to the school year!!! Disbursements will be done in October! They will be done/ready by October 27. If you have a check to be picked up for a college, church or non profit you can get those on October 27. If you need to make any changes to your account as to where your funds are going, or want to hold them I need to know by October 10!! Let me know if you have any questions!
Legacy Christian School TRIP coordinator
- Discover Calvin Christian on Thursday, October 27th at 6pm or 7:30 pm. This is Calvin Christian High School’s (CCHS) showcase event for area 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students and parents to learn about the amazing opportunities that await students at CCHS! Please bring your middle school students and/or invite neighbors and friends with middle school students. Visit https://www.gosquires.org/discover-calvin/ to register for the event and watch a short video to learn more about the great things happening at CCHS!
- Thornapple MOPS Fall Consignment Sale - October 13-15, Presale: October 13, 6-8 pm public entry, $5 admission. Public Sale: October 14, 9am-1pm. Half Price Day: October 15, 9am-12pm. Thornapple Covenant Church - 6595 Cascade Rd.
- Brookside CRC is hiring a Children’s Ministries Specialist. This is a part-time role with a mix of remote and in-office hours that averages approximately 15 hours per week. This role provides ministry support for the Infant - 5th grade programs including scheduling volunteers and coordinating lessons and crafts for Sunday mornings. They will also support mid-week GEMS and Cadets leaders as well as seasonal programming such as Christmas programs and VBS. To learn more contact Kristi Handlogten at email@example.com.
UPCOMING DATES AND EVENTS
5 - Caledonia Count Day
11 - Fall Family Festival - Elem families (5-7 pm)
11-12 - Elementary Vision/Hearing Testing
13 - 5th-7th Grd Vision/Hearing Testing
19 - NO SCHOOL - Professional Development
20-21 - NO SCHOOL - CEA CONVENTION
26 - Sign ups for Parent Teacher Conferences begin
28 - Pastor Appreciation worship
28 - End of 1st Qtr.
3-5 -West Campus Exploratories
4 - Report cards distributed
5 - LCS Craft sale at WC