Taking Care of You
September 21, 2020
Let's Talk About Sleep
Music is Healing
A couple of tips:
1. Try to buy organic, non-GMO ingredients whenever possible. It may cost a little more, but in my opinion, it is worth every penny.
2. I started with chopped pecans but recently switched to sliced almonds. The verdict is in...sliced almonds are my preference.
3. Invest in a good sized, air tight glass container to store your granola in.
4. Customize it however you would like. I love to add mini chocolate chips and dried cranberries or fresh, organic strawberries for an extra treat!
Relax Your Mind
Tai Chi with Dara Pond
Dara Pond, Guidance Counselor from Riverside Middle School, will be offering virtual Tai Chi classes on Monday afternoons from 4:00 pm -5:00 pm beginning September 7. If you are intersted in participating, please contact Dara directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you, Dara!
Want to learn more about the benefits of Tai Chi? Click Here.
Book Club for Teachers
Yoga with Nicole Cram
Monday, September 14
Monday, October 5
Monday, November 9
Monday, December 14
Interested in participating? Email Nicole Cram at email@example.com
***New*** Paint Night with Katina Gustafson
- Acrylic paint: red, yellow, orange, brown, black, white and blue. Add a bonus color of your choice for the truck (or you can use the blue)
- Paint brushes (in a variety of sizes)
- Blow Dryer
- Paint marker for the thin black lines (easier than a paint brush)
Unwind, engage your creative side and connect with colleagues. For additional details and to register, email Katina at firstname.lastname@example.org!
All Adult SEL events will be added to this calendar throughout the year. You can access the calendar by clicking on the bar.
EPSD Virtual Calming Room
East Providence School Department Support Center
EPSD Support Center Resource Spotlight
The National Institutes of Health Emotional Wellness Toolkit offers 6 strategies for improving your emotional health:
- Brighten Your Outlook
- Reduce Stress
- Get Quality Sleep
- Cope with Loss
- Strengthen Connections
- Be Mindful.
Click the link below to access detailed information about these strategies.
The SEL Bookshelves
SEL Book of the Week
Dr. Daniela Owen, Ph.D., an assistant professor of clinical psychology at the University of California, Berkeley, has published her first book specifically to help children deal with the complications of stress and anxiety from the COVID Epidemic.
You can find this book on the Self-Awarenes Picture Bookshelf.
*** New*** SEL Coaching Menu
Click here to view a list of items that you may wish to discuss during SEL coaching meetings.