Job Interview Process
Before the Interview
- Plan your route to the interview so you don't get lost and become stressed
- Plan, prepare, and rehearse so you know what to say during the interview
- Get a good nights sleep the day before so you can be alert during the interview
During the Interview
- Visualize the interview as a conversation so it will be less awkward
- Mistakes happen, it's okay
- Answer the questions with examples
- Answer the questions with things that would make you a good candidate for the job
- Greet the employer by shaking their hand
- Arrive about 10-15 minutes before the interview
- Bring your resume
- Ask about what a day on the job would look like
5 Common Interview Questions
How would people describe you?
- Focus on the characteristics necessary for that job
- Prepare your answers in advance to impress
- Structure your answers carefully
Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Don't aim too high
- Don't aim too low because they will think you lack ambition
What's your greatest strength?
- Choose a skill that would be useful to the job
- Think about what the employer would be most impressed by
What's your greatest weakness?
- Have good real life story to back up your answer
- Be prepared
- Make it have a positive spin
What is your greatest accomplishment?
- Emphasize your "fit" for their job
- Don't trash anyone
- Don't be too personal
JOB INTERVIEW questions and answers (Part 1): Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
After the Interview
- Be polite
- Say thank you and goodbye
Dress for the Interview
- Khakis and a nice collared shirt
- A skirt
- A dress
- For teens dress nice but you don't have to wear a suit
What to Wear to a Job Interview - Office, Fashion retail, Fast food, Creative
Interview Do's and Dont's
- Do a practice run to the location to make sure you know where it is
- Do your research
- Don't chew gum during the interview
- Don't be soft spoken
- Don't ever lie