Grapevine Mustang Band
Week of 11/10/2019
Notes from the Directors
Join us tonight at we honor our SENIOR members of the Mustang Band! Tonight is senior night! Congrats to all the seniors on their last home football game! Senior parents be sure to escort your student before the game begins at Friday’s football game! We will be recognizing all of our senior band students before the game!
- Good luck to all our MS band members on their All Region audition tomorrow!
- Good luck to our Drumline at their performance at the Lone Star Drumline Competiton on Saturday! They will perform at 2:45 at Marcus High School in Flower Mound. Everyone is invited to attend!
- ALL members of Wind Ensemble should have their concert attire. We will be wearing tuxes and dresses for the Veteran’s Day program at GHS on Monday!
- The High School deadline for all region sign up is TODAY, November 8th! It is required of every member of Wind Ensemble and strongly encouraged for students in the other band classes. Freshman All-Region is encouraged from every 9th grader in the band program.
Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd9t68KQOAP0czZ3xImHS81enF96SztcqYzkXptt57eJJhjHg/viewform
- Saturday, November 9th is middle school all region – you can earn volunteer hours by working this event! Please sign up for the high school slots; the afternoon sessions especially need help.
Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f4da9a72fabff2-districtregion
- We are looking for parents of 9th – 11th graders for the concession stand for tonight! It is senior night and the senior parents will be recognized with their students!
- It is almost certain that we will have a playoff game next Friday. We will share that information when it is available to us. We WILL rehearse the morning of the game and ALL members of the band program are expected to attend every football game!
- Each concert band will perform at the Winter Concert on December 10th. We also have some surprises in store for that evening!
- See below for itineraries for this week.
- Check the band calendar for the most up-to-date information.
Pit Crew Scholarship
The Pit Crew Scholarship is now available on the band website. Current seniors in the band program may apply. Deadline to apply is November 15, 2019.
“The Pit Crew Scholarship recognizes and rewards seniors of the Grapevine High School (GHS) Mustang Band who exemplify what might be called the “pit crew work ethic” – working behind the scenes, doing unglamorous but necessary work, without seeking a reward other than helping the band. In particular, the scholarship seeks to reward band members who maintain good academic standing through the school year and who unselfishly support the band with no intent for self-promotion.”
Sign up links:
JV Red and Blue Concessions
Youth Football Concessions
Friday, November 8
- 7:00am Percussion
- 7:30am Fillies Rehearsal
- Senior Night
- Football vs RL Turner
Saturday, November 9
- 6:00am Lone Star Drumline Contest
- 2:00pm Pit Orchestra
Sunday, November 10
Monday, November 11
- 7:00am Pit Orchestra
- 8:00am Wind Ensemble Veterans Day Performance
Tuesday, November 12
- 8:00am Wind Ensemble
- 4:30pm Percussion Carol of the Lights Rehearsal
Wednesday, November 13
- 7:00am Pit Orchestra
Thursday, November 14
- 7:00am Pit Orchestra
Friday, November 15
- 7:30am Fillies in MAC
- Likely Playoff Game
Saturday, November 16
- 10:00am-4:00pm Pit Orchestra Rehearsal
CONGRATULATIONS CHHS PANTHER BAND!
34 Marching Bands qualified for the 5A State Marching Contest. 12 of the bands advance to State Finals.
7 of the 12 Finalist bands were from the DFW area. All 4 bands from Area F (our area contest) were in the top 15 of the State Marching Contest.
State Finals Results
1.Cedar Park - Cedar Park, TX (3rd Consecutive win)
2.Highland Park - Dallas, Texas
3.Wakeland - Frisco, TX
4.Rouse - Leander, TX
5.Burleson Centennial - Burleson, TX
6.Friendswood - Houston, TX
7.Wylie East - Wylie, TX
8.Lebanon Trail - Frisco, TX
9.Aledo - Aledo, TX
10.Dripping Springs - Dripping Springs, TX
11.Weiss - Pflugerville, TX (First State finals appearance, school opened in 2016)
12.Lone Star - Frisco, TX
Bands of America Honor Band
Will you represent Grapevine High School and GCISD in 2021? The BOA Honor Band is assembled once every 4 years--meaning each HS student only gets one opportunity to participate in the BOA Honor Band. This is your ONLY opportunity to be a part of this fantastic band.
11/11 - Wes Anderson
11/11 - Jacob Benzick
11/12 - Jenyssa Obregon
11/12 - Adam Takacs
11/13 - Mili Dellecase
11/14 - Wilfine Dela Cruz
11/14 - Hope Kelley
11/17 - Paula Valencia
11/22 - Alex Gruman
11/22 - Jayla King
11/23 - Jaiden Baliga
11/23 - Montgomery Urrutia
11/27 - Aiden Waldo
11/28 - Emily Koch
11/28 - Sydney Galante
11/29 - Allison Koch
Other links and forms
If you have a broken school-owned instrument that needs repaired, go to the band website to fill out the repair form. Follow the directions carefully.
If you have lost your music and need a copy, WE HAVE A SOLUTION! The form must be completed 48 hours before the time you need music so the librarians can get you copies.