5/3/16 GS Meeting Reminder & News
5/3/16 Meeting Reminder
We will be meeting this Tuesday from 6:30pm-8pm in the cafeteria. This week we will continue our discussion of the Bronze Award.
What to bring:
- Wear your vest or sash.
- Family Energy Pledge worksheet and reading material (if completed). This will complete the first part of the Get Moving Journey.
- Home Energy Audit - Sent home a couple of weeks ago. This will complete the 2nd part of the Get Moving Journey.
- Nutrition Worksheet - if your daughter has not already turned it in. This is part of the Staying Fit badge.
- Activity Worksheet - This is the activity log sent out via email after the last meeting. If it has been completed, please have your daughter bring it to the meeting. This is part of the Staying Fit badge.
Next Meeting 5/10/16
Day Camp Round Up 5/14/16
- When: 5/14/16
- Time: **Please feed your scout prior to the event**
- Scout check in 11:30am-12pm
- DC Info Parent Meeting: 12-1pm
- Scout Pick Up 4pm
- Where: Saint James Lutheran Church, 1104 NE Vivion Rd, KC, MO 64118
- Cost: $5.00 per registered Girl Scout
- Registration Ends: 5/10/16
- What: Girls will participate in activities to prepare them to make their Day Camp experience an amazing one. This will include meeting their unit leaders and buddies, decorating troop flags and bandanas as well as sit-upons (for those who don't have one), name tags, and bed rolls for them to keep. We will also be learning how to properly perform a Flag Ceremony.
Horseback Riding Field Trip
The troop has voted to go on a Horseback Riding field trip to earn their Horseback Riding Badge. The program would cover all steps of the badge. (ex: grooming, feeding, and riding to name a few).
- Date 6/17 **Tentative**: Waiting on confirmation. Will relay to everyone once confirmed as to whether we will all be in one evening session or if we will be split into an afternoon and evening sessions.
- Where: Woodson Hill, 7990 NW Mace Rd, KC, MO 64152.
- Cost (we are not collecting at this time): The program per girl costs $35 and the troop agreed to pay $20 towards the cost of each girl who does this activity. This would be an out of pocket expense of $15 per girl.
Treasury Notes - Balance through end of April
- Current Balance: $4973.64
- Debits madethis past month: $560 Day Camp Payment (16 girls x $35); $148.29 shoes for orphans service project 18 pairs purchased;
- Credits received this past month: $5 Day Camp Round Up payment; $50 cookie tshirts; $28 donations received for shoes for orphans service project
Annual Powder Puff Derby
Write an article?
If you, the parent, attended a recent event that you'd like to do a small write up about to share what happened, let me know and I'd be happy to share it in our newsletter.
Dates to Remember
- 5/2016 - Cookie incentives arrive sometime in May.
- 5/03/2016 - GS Meeting
- 5/7/2016 - GS Day at WOF (for those who purchased or earned tickets. This is not a troop event.)
- 5/10/2016 - GS Meeting
- 5/14/2016 - Day Camp Round Up 11:30am-4pm
- 5/xx/2016 - GS Meeting **Powerplay/End of Year Party - Time and date TBD. I'm planning to do this in late May.
- 5/30/16-6/03/2016 - SU Day Camp
- 6/17/2016 - **Tentative** Horseback Riding Field Trip (waiting on confirmation from the facility)
- 6/26/2016 - GS Day at the K - 1:15pm (for those who purchased or earned tickets. This is not a troop event.)
- TBD - Bridging Ceremony
- TBD - Annual Troop Camping Trip
Girl Scout Shop
Girl Scout Shop Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 9:30 am to 6:00 pm
Friday: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Select Saturdays (May 7 & 21): 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Girl Scout Shop is located at 8383 Blue Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64133 or shop online at your convenience!