California Colleges (CCGI)
One stop shop for all your Career and college needs
Simply Sign-in with google, use your school email and password you sign in to your chrome book. Check out Our current Heritage Seniors promoting CCGI on state website!
CaliforniaColleges Lessons Overview
CaliforniaColleges.edu lessons walk students step-by-step through creating an informed college, career, and financial aid plan. Students in 6th through 12th grades can complete grade-appropriate activities to help them smoothly navigate the transition from high school to college.
When students sign in, they’ll see two buttons on their personalized landing page.
- The blue My Activities button takes students to college and career lessons.
- Students will continue to download worksheets to complete these lessons.
- The green My Financial Aid Plan button takes students to the new financial aid lessons.
- Students will complete self-guided lessons on CaliforniaColleges.edu. There are no worksheets to download.
9th Grade Lessons:Strategies for Success, Knowing your Resources, and Career Exploration
10th Grade Lessons: Connecting Careers to Course Offerings, Pathways, and Degrees
- Resources for Finding a Career (10.1)
- Module 1: Paying for College (Financial Aid) -- Recommended sequence for students who start financial aid lessons in high school.
- Career Research Project: Career Research (10.2)
- Career Research Project: College Research (10.3)
- Career Research Project: Conclusion (10.4)
- Reflection and Goal Setting (10.5)
11th Grade Lessons: Planning for Life After High School
- Module 1: Understanding Financial Aid
- Module 2: Finding Your College Costs
- Researching Postsecondary Options (11.1)
- Planning to Meet Deadlines (11.2)
- Family Lesson: Resiliency (11.3)
- Who Are You? (11.4)
- Family Lesson: "Home" After High School (11.5)
- Writing Your Best Resume (11.6)
- Reflection and Goal Setting (11.7)
12th Grade Lessons:Time to Transition: Launching Your Plan!
- Guide: How to Launch College and Financial Aid Applications
- Solidifying the College List (12.1)
- College Essays (12.2)
- Module 1: Complete Prep Work for Your FAFSA or CADAA
- Module 2: Launch and Submit the FAFSA or CADAA
- Planning for Community College Bound Students (12.3)
- Planning for 4-Year Bound Students (12.4)
- Module 3: Review the Student Aid Report and Cal Grant GPA
- Module 4: Check College Portals
- Module 5: Review Financial Aid Offers
- Module 6: Secure State Aid
- Reflection and Goals Setting (12.5)
Important CCGI Information
More Videos on Lessons for CCGI:
Need an appointment with your counselor?
Click on your counselor's name to get access to their newsletter and link to schedule an appointment. Your counselor will be able to meet with you you need any further assistance with CCGI.
You can always visit Career Center in Library if you need any help with CCGI also!