By: Macy Parks
- I found 4 diseases in the heart. The most common is the heart attack. A heart attack is a serious disease resulting to a blockage of blood. A heart attack happens when a sudden blockage of blood flow to the heart muscle. A person having a heart attack experience many symptoms including mild to moderate pain beneath the breastbone. The pain may be so mild that people mistake it for stomach distress. To treat a heart attack a device called defibrillator is used immediately. The device delivers a electric shock to the heart.
- Another disease is called arteriosclerosis
- And another is congenital heart disorders.
How to Prevent Heart Disease | Heart Disease
Main function for each organ in the system
- The heart has two pumps that relax when taking blood and contract as they send out blood.
- The blood vessels form a system of connecting tubes throughout the body.
- Last is the blood. The blood carry's oxygen and carbon dioxide throughout the body.
4 functions for the circulatory system
- The respiration delivers oxygen to the cells and it removes carbon dioxide from them
- Nutrition carries digested food substances to the cells body. The nutrients then enter the bloodstream then the blood carries most of the nutrients to the liver.
- Removal of wastes and poisons. The circulatory system helps dispose wastes and poisons that would harm the body.
- Other functions are the circulatory system helps protect the body from disease. White blood cells destroy bacteria and viruses.
How does this organ system interact with another organ system
The Circulatory system supplies cells with food and oxygen that they need to stay alive. It carries carbon dioxide and wastes away from the cells. The Circulatory system also helps the temperature of the body and also carries substances that protect the body from disease.