E-Newsletter for the NSC Community
JEGB Member Karen Pierre Sworn in on September 9
Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies at Jefferson, Washington Schools
Please join Normandy Schools Collaborative for ribbon cutting ceremonies at both Jefferson and Washington schools. These ceremonies are in celebration of the new library media centers, new secured entryways, and other upgrades at Jefferson and Washington schools. These improvements were made possible due to the voters' support of Proposition N, the no-tax-rate increase bond issue.
- Jefferson School Ribbon Cutting will be on Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2019 at 10:30 a.m. (4315 Cardwell Drive, St. Louis, MO, 63121)
- Washington School Ribbon Cutting will be on Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2019, at 10:30 a.m. (1730 N. Hanley, St. Louis, MO, 63114)
If you would like to attend one or both of these ceremonies, please RSVP by Sept. 25 at https://bit.ly/2jVjPfQ or call 314-493-0440.
Normandy Staff Receive Top Honors
Tina Clark-Scott is the recipient of the St. Louis American Foundation Salute to Excellence in Education Award. Ms. Clark-Scott, Assistant Superintendent for Academics and Student Support Services, will be recognized at the annual gala Sept. 21, 2019. For more information, please read The St. Louis American's article about Tina and other award recipients.
Bernard Long Jr., Normandy High School's band director, has been selected for the NAACP Madison County Freedom Fund Dinner 2019 Education Award.
Principals Netra Taylor-Nichols and Dr. Christopher Young-El were recently recognized by the Big Brothers Big Sisters for their schools’ participation in the ABCToday Schools program over the last three years. ABCToday Schools is a program of BBBS that brings together community members and organizations to support all students’ Attendance, Behavior, and Course performance in reading and math.
STEM Saturdays is Back - Apply by September 25 to Participate!
STEM Saturdays is a FREE enrichment program for Normandy students in grades 3 through 8. Students will learn engineering and scientific design techniques through hands-on activities, field trips, robotics design, and more!
STEM Saturdays help students increase their STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) knowledge base. Students make new friends while they explore a topic in-depth and deepen their understanding of key math and science concepts in a small-group setting.
Attendance at each session is required.
- Dates: Saturday, Oct. 19, 26, and Nov. 2, 9, 16 & 23
- Time: 9:30 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. (Snacks & transportation will be provided.)
- Location: Lucas Crossing Elementary Complex, 7837 Natural Bridge Road
To apply, visit the Academics & Student Support Services section of the Normandy website, www.normandysc.org, or contact your child’s principal. Call 314.493.0439 for more information. Application deadline is Wednesday, Sept. 25.
2019 Viking Homecoming Events - Let's Go Vikings!
- Thursday, Oct. 3, 2019: The Powderpuff and Bonfire event will kick-off with the game at 4:30 p.m. at Viking Field. The bonfire will being after the Powderpuff game.
- Saturday, Oct. 5, 2019: The parade will begin at 10 a.m. at Skate King. The Homecoming football game against Affton High School will begin at 1 p.m. at Viking Field.
If you would like to be a vendor for the 2019 Homecoming Powderpuff and Bonfire event on Thursday, Oct. 3, please fill out a vendor application form.
If you would like to participate in the Homecoming Parade on Saturday, Oct. 5, please fill out the parade participation form.
Normandy in the News
- New Lunch Policy for Normandy Students (KSDK)
- School Lunch Reimagined (Community News)
- Operation Food Search Receives $34,000 USDA Farm to School Grant (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Normandy Grads Benefit from New IT Student Internship (The St. Louis American)
Shakespeare in the Streets - Love at the River's Edge
Friday, Sep. 13th, 7-10:30pm
Southeast Corner of Page and Ferguson, Pagedale, MO
Come out and support the Normandy students and staff who are performing in this production. The event opens at 6 p.m. and the performance will begin at 7 p.m.