We learned about Fall Weather and Pumpkins!
November 1, 2013
Look at what we did!
- In literacy, we learned about what readers read: big books, just-right books, non-fiction books, interesting books, and poems.
- In word work, we learned about reading and writing the letters e, z, v, w, y, and x !
- In writing, We started adding sentences about our work by using our sight words in addition to our labeled "WOW" pictures.
- In math, we continued working on counting, reading, writing, and making the numbers 6 through 10. We also challenged our brains with some word problems.
- We had an awesome time at Maple View!
Don't Forget your parent-teacher conference!
Guided Reading & Take Home Books
After we have taught the book, it will go home as a Take Home Book. Have your child read it to you, fill out the orange reading log that remains in your child's blue folder, assist in thinking about any accompanying activities, and then send the book and activity back to school the next school day. We build a collection of books for your child to browse during independent reading time and we want to be sure they have the books they need.
We cannot thank you enough for giving your child the opportunity to read to you! Hopefully you'll see just how proud they are of their hard work!
Upcoming Events & Other Information
- Nov 5 - No School for Parent-Teacher conferences.
- Nov 11 - No School for Veteran's Day.
- Nov 18-22 - Fall Book Fair.
- Nov 27-29 - No School for Thanksgiving Holiday
- We will learn about our Reading Powers that help us figure out new words.
- We will continue working on our skills with hearing sounds in words and writing them down as we write. We will also start stretching our stories into more than one part.
- We will start our unit on comparing numbers.