LEA Building Representation Meeting
Giving You Power of the 'Know!'
Highlights from our January 2016 Meeting
Open Lines of Communication
* Employee Advisory Council - Meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month with Dr. Doll. There should be a representative from each building. Not sure who your representative is? Ask your building rep. :)
* Daily Post - Overall, the Daily Post continues to be a tool to keep everyone informed. Members attending our building rep meeting thanked Julie for her continued effortsLEA members did express concern that not all staff (paras and other classified staff) do not have access to technology during the school day to check the Daily Post on SharePoint. Julie Boyle addressed this and said she would work with principals to post some kind of physical copy of the Daily Post in a common area of the school.
* Post-School Year Mtg. with Dr. Doll - At the end of the school year, Dr. Doll has an end-of-the-year meeting that representatives from each building are invited to. The ultimate objective of this meeting is to get feedback from stakeholders on school board goal initiatives and what is important to them.
* Other feedback LEA members conveyed to Dr. Doll was Principal communication. Members expressed how some principals were very good about communicating district news in a timely manner and others were not.
Membership Action Plan
Megan Bracciano, a Broken Arrow and Pinckney Music teacher, presented Membership Action Plans that were put together in conjunction of Gene Neely, our Alliance Uniserv Director. These plans were distributed out to building representatives for implementation efforts.
Here's More You Need to Know...
- The Alliance Uniserv Representative Assembly will be on January 23, 9 a.m. at Johnson County Community College. Interested in being a representative? Contact Laurie Folsom.
- Superintendent search and your input is needed! Please complete an anonymous online survey by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, January 20, to provide input to the school board for its superintendent search.
- Too many sick days you haven't used? Are they wasting away? Are you able to give a day or more? If so, print and fill out this form.
- Master Agreement - Your building representative has a copy of the 2015-16 Master Agreement... Or you can click here and it will take you to the Master Agreement!
Direct Access to LEA Info & Other Important Links
Ways to Connect with LEA!
Join our Facebook Page
This is a private group for LEA Members only. We will post current LEA events along with any action items we need members to take action on.
Want to be 'In the Know?' on the latest news from your LEA Leadership? Join the Remind text message group! Your cell phone number stays safe and you won't be bombarded with unwanted text messages. To sign-up text: @leamem to 81010.
See live updates from the BOE Mtgs!
Follow @LawrenceEdAssoc for live updates of the USD 497 Board of Education Meeting. We will also update our Twitter page with any LEA events and important announcements.
Join our Facebook Page
LEA Big Concern Form
Do you have a big concern from your building? Click on the button that will take you directly to the form.