Sunset Valley Elementary 05.08.2020
WE APPRECIATE YOU!
First and foremost, we would like to wish all of our Sunset Valley moms a very Happy Mother's Day! Thank you for all you do not only for your own children, but all of our SVE kids! We appreciate you!
We'd also like to express our sincerest thanks for all of the letters, emails, videos, and other prizes which were showered upon our SVE teachers this week. Thank you for finding time to celebrate all they do for kids!
Lastly, a huge thank you to those of you that served as your child's "homeschool" teacher! We know that this season has been challenging and we certainly appreciate all of the time that you've taken to support your child's virtual learning from home. We are so blessed with our SVE families.
-Mrs. Rachel Flood
ATTENTION! SVE's Plan for Supply Pick Up
Important information for the SVE SUPPLY PICK UP!
- Pick Up days will be May 21st & May 22nd
- Please see the helpful graphic and map, included below.
- Your family will have a scheduled pick up time, based on the last name of your oldest child.
- Please make an easy to read sign with the last name and place it in your window.
- In an effort to be efficient, we will have two lanes for pick up- one in our bus lane and the other in the car rider line.
- Please note which lane you are assigned to, which is also according to the last name of your oldest child. Your supplies will be located in your designated lane. In order for us to serve you quickly, it is important that you drive through the correct lane.
- During pick ups, SVE staff members will bring the supplies directly to your car window. We ask you to please stay inside of your car throughout the process.
- During supply bag packing and during pick ups, SVE staff members will adhere to social distancing and safety guidelines.
Regardless of day/time you are scheduled:
Last names A-M will use the red lane (bus lane)
Last names N-Z will use the yellow lane (car rider lane)
*see below for your designated pick up day and time
- If you are coming back to SVE or any LSR7 school in the fall: Keep your Chromebook.
If you are not returning to SVE or LSR7 in the fall: please return your Chromebook on your assigned date to pick up student supplies.
PLEASE RETURN TO SVE STAFF DURING YOUR DESIGNATED TIME:
- Any book provided by your classroom teacher
- Books checked out from the SVE library
- *To prevent book damage during transition, please bag books in ziploc or grocery sack.
- *When returning items, please stay inside of your car. A staff member will retrieve the items directly from your car.
If you have medication to pick up, health services will be onsite to return student medications on May 21-22
*Please note- If you ordered Spring Pictures, a Yearbook, or had Father/Daughter Dance photos, those will be placed with your child's things from the classroom.
FROM THE PTA
Yearbooks are ready and will come home during end of the year pick up! If you already purchased a yearbook, it will be placed with your child's belongings for distribution at pick up. If you have not purchased a yearbook yet and would like to, we have 50 extras to sell. The yearbooks are $16. Please go to www.svepta.org to purchase. These will be first come, first served. If your order is placed by May 13, it will be included in your child's belongings at pick up on May 21 & 22. If the order is placed too late for that, you will receive an email with pick up information.
If there is a problem with your yearbook, please contact Genevieve Boehm at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. Any questions or concerns, same email.
The PTA has a few leftover spirit wear items to sell. Please check the website for items available. If purchased in time before pick up, your items will be included in pick up items. If not, you will receive an email with pick up instructions.
JAGUAR JOURNAL: TODAY Friday, May 8th!
We are asking that each student post only one video and then go on to watch all of the other posts. Video submissions will be monitored /approved, and commenting options will be disabled.
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION IS OPEN
This is a friendly reminder that registration for our 2020-2021 Kindergarten Class is open. To date, we already have about 25 kindergarten students registered. Click HERE to watch a video that explains the process and shares some more information about SVE. Click here if you are ready to begin the registration process. We cannot wait to meet our new Jaguars!
FROM THE SVE LIBRARY: MRS. NIERMAN
Hi there! As we celebrate National Library Week this week, I wish I could spend time with each of our grade levels reading aloud! But since that isn't possible, our library department has worked to be creative and to provide encouragement for our parents and families at home. I'm including these two pieces for you to use at home with your child(ren):
Sora Video - this short video provides a fun introduction/reminder of e-book availability and access for students.
Flipgrid - librarians and library clerks have recorded book talks -- there are some very entertaining options here!
Remember that you can always connect with me via email or on Schoology!
Are You Moving?
Read Along with SVE Staff via Schoology
Resources from LSR7 to support students and parents with e-Learning
We know that virtual learning can't take place without internet access. If you have limited or no internet access at home, consider these many options.