SOLANA HIGHLANDS FRIDAY FOCUS
Sept. 13, 2013 (Vol. 4)
- Awesome Instruction - It was with great pleasure that I got to show Julie Norby around your classrooms today. She was so impressed with the high level of instruction that was occurring in our classrooms.
- Thank you Climate Team - Ellen, Lauren, Kristie, Shaina, Jessica, Lauren, Christine, Debbie B., and Matt for meeting and planning activities for the year.
- Marriage! - Congratulations to Rob Bell; we are so excited for you and your wife!
- Baby - Johanna had her baby this morning!!! More details to come!
- MAP Testing - Great job Adriana for a smooth first week of testing! Thank you!
- Cabinet Team - Jessica, Katy, Christine, Donna, Sherry, Marcie, Hollis, and Emily for your leadership and communication
- Student Council - Thank you Susanna for leading this and giving our students some great leadership opportunities!
- New Teachers at Highlands - Rob, Shaina, Lauren, Evi, Marcie, Adriana, and Jordan for getting off to such a great start and being such great teammates
- Long-Term Guest Teacher - Katie Schmucker for doing a great job filling in for Johanna
- District Strategic Planning Participants - Lisa Salley, Lisa Sturt, Ellen Leventhal and Julie Taylor for attending
- Kudos from Judy - 2 days this week all attendance was taken; keep it up!
- Ellen - For Presenting at the District Strategic Planning on the high level ways that we are integrating technology at Solana Highlands
- Site Strategic Plan - Thank you to Kristie and Katy for meeting and planning for how they will demonstrate the Math C.C. shifts to parents
- Terry Decker and Julie Norby for organizing a fantastic Strategic Planning Day that aligns to the sites. The process is better than ever! And thank you to Julie for visiting our site today! It's always a pleasure to show off the great teaching and learning that is happening at Highlands!
What a great first three weeks! Thank you to each and every member of our staff for making the start of school a great one for our students!
- Happy Birthday - Deb Mulvaney next Friday
- PLC Meetings Next Week - We'll look for trends in last year's Theme 1. If you are meeting at a time different from what is listed on your Support Schedule please let me know.
- Staff Meeting - Classified and Certificated to Attend - Robyn Hubbard to present Love and Logic
- Blinds in classrooms - should almost completely be installed - Please close blinds in the evenings for all outward facing windows, and for our 3-N-1 Drills. Thank you to Caroline, Nancy, and the Board for making safety a priority for all of our students.
- School Site Council - Meets Wednesday at 7:30 - Ellen, Lisa, Jen, Hollis, Kirsten, Marie, and Rob
- Mad Science Assembly - 9-20 Kinder-2nd grades 8:40-9:10 and 3rd and 4th grades 9:20-9:50
- Ice Cream Social - 9-20. This is a really fun school community event. If you can make it, students and their families would LOVE to see you.
- 4th Grade - Last Night, the Board approved to make SP a 4th-6th grade school. Let's definitely make this a year to remember!
Mindset About Failure and Effort -
In going along with other articles we have been reading, this reminds us to teach a growth mindset to students through having them rate their effort, giving feedback, and questioning.http://www.gomasa.org/marshall-memo/marshall-memo-501#Four
Who Am I?
Who Am I?
- I rode a horse through 3 states in 1 day
- I want to be a helicopter pilot
- I am related to someone killed by Al Capone
- I totaled a tractor when I was 5 years old
- I missed most of kindergarten b/c I was in the hospital or sick at home.