Are You Ready? Testing is right around the corner!
Is your campus ready?
- Have you distributed test manuals to all Test Administrators (TA)? STAAR, STAAR-A, STAAR-L, and STAAR ALT 2? Do you have enought? If not, email me. Some manuals are available only online at this time.
- Have you conducted genereal test training for all staff (principals, APs, teachers, paras, subs, monitors, custodians, food service, nurses, office staff, etc.)? Do you have a sign-in sheet for training(s)? Have you sent a copy to me?
- Have you conducted test specific training for specific TAs? (STAAR-A, STAAR-L, STAAR- ALT2, Oral Administration, Large print paper administration, etc.) Do you have a sign-in sheet? Have you sent a copy to me?
- Do you have a signed oath from all certified and non-certified staff? Have you sent me copies?
- Do you have a map with room assignments listed? Have you sent me a copy?
- Do you have Test Administrator assignments? Do you have students assigned to testing rooms? Have you sent me a copy?
- Do you have all resources gathered? Supplemental aids? Charts? Scratch paper? Sharpened pencils? Dictionaries? Calculators? Etc.
Testing Materials and Buckets
- Do you have pre-coded answer documents (AD) for all students?
- Do you have enough blank answer documents for students without a precoded AD?
- Do you have enough test booklets?
- Do you have enough oral test booklets for oral administration? (These are seperate this year).
- Do you have a plan for checking in and checking out materials?
- Do you have your cell phone policy?
- Do you have Test Day Instructions?
- Do you have your Testing Do Not Disturb signs? Help signs? Restroom Pass?
- Do you have seating charts with a place to report time for each student?
- Do you have an attendance roster for each bucket? Accommodations roster?
- Do you have charts for math and science? STAAR A writing checklists for grades 4, 7 Eng I and Eng II? STAAR A Punnett Squares for Biology?
- Do you have student specific accommodations? Supplemental aids, manipulatives, color overlays, etc.
- Do you have enough calculators?
- Do you have enough dictionaries?
Test Day Specifics
- Do you have a plan for keeping time for each student (grades 3-8 only)?
- Do you have a plan for lunch?
- Do you have a plan for moving or consolidating testing rooms?
- Are the rooms ready? Computers off. Phones off. Instructional materials covered up. Desk are clear.
- Do you have a plan for monitoring classrooms? Do you have a plan for relieving TAs? Have these monitors/relievers been properly trained? Do you have an oath?
- Do you have a plan for dealing with incidents?
- Verify all answer documents have been returned to you (group by test).
- Verify all test booklets have been returned to you (group by test).
- Make arrangements for make-up testers.
- Get materials ready for return. Please follow the exact instructions in your DCCM.
- Shred the following: scratch paper, formula charts, etc that shows student work or notes; student authorization letters; typed or handwritten responses that were transcribed. Make sure to use the Shredding Documentation I sent you.
- Void all documents that need to be voided. Bundle voided documents separately.
- Return all materials to DTC-- scorable (groups by campus and class ID sheets) and nonscorable, seating charts, material control forms.
- When preparing documents for return to the DTC please follow the exact instruction in your DCCM. This will save me a lot of time.