CHS Weekly Announcements
For the Week of January 25, 2021
CHS Scholar Bowl Team
Just a quick update on the CHS Scholar Bowl Team –
We did have to forfeit all JV Games due to not enough members to compete. We are still looking for more members to join us this season – plenty of time to do so!
However, in our very FIRST QUAD meet in the MRVC, these students did an INCREDIBLE job! The Varsity team went 3-0 defeating Richmond, Carrollton, and Warrensburg!
Team Members Ben Lahann (Captain), Alex Harper, Denny Mosby, Annemarie Ball, and Avery Bennekin worked together and did a fantastic job in all three matches. Congrats to them!
Yearbook Needs YOUR help!
All Students: Click on the link below and fill out as may forms as apply to you. We can’t have a quality yearbook without your help. Please take a moment to do it now. We’d like to have all the forms filled out by the end of the week. Thanks!
Link to forms:
January 29th is the last day to order your customized yearbook
February 12th is the last day for seniors to order a senior page. Remember, buying a full page Senior Page gets you a free yearbook!
If you want your photo in the yearbook make sure you’re signed up to get your picture taken on 2/4/21
Check your email for Senior Superlative nominations or ask your advisor for the link.
Link to order a yearbook:
Senior Parent Meeting Monday 1/25/21
Mark your calendars for 7pm on Monday, January 25th for a Senior Parent Meeting.
Contact Mrs. Stevenson at email@example.com for details.
Senior Portraits / Cap & Gown Pictures
This certainly hasn’t been the Senior Year you’ve been looking forward to for the last 4 years, but there is one small light coming up on February 4th: Senior Portraits / Cap & Gown Pictures!
That’s right, we’re still having Senior Portraits on Thursday, February 4th from 3 – 7 pm by appointment only.
Please use this link to sign up for an appointment time: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/CenterHighSchool@center.k12.mo.us/bookings/s/Ml-eHAg0DEKhG1Lty5ZUEg2
You can pre-order your pictures through the LifeTouch Website at MyLifeTouch.com using picture day ID: EVT877W3M (See attached flyer for details)
You have three options to choose from:
1. The school will provide a cap and gown for you to use for your picture. Caps and gowns will be sanitized between each use with an approved COVID disinfectant.
2. If you have an older sibling or friend who will let you borrow a cap and gown, you may wear your own for the picture.
3. If you don’t feel comfortable wearing the schools cap and gown, or just want a formal senior portrait, you are welcome to forgo the cap and gown and just have a formal picture taken in your favorite outfit.
Again, no one is required to attend this event, wear, or borrow a cap & gown, or participate in any activity that makes you uncomfortable, CHS is simply making an official portrait opportunity available to you.
How it will work:
· Seniors must sign up for an appointment through the Bookings link above.
· Seniors should arrive at the school and go to the back door of the Gold Gym at the corner of the building by the soccer fields at the time of their appointment.
· Masks must be worn at all times except while having your picture taken.
· Students will have their temperature taken. If a student has a temperature outside the acceptable range the Nurse will advise they not be admitted. And students who do not have all their vaccinations complete will not be allowed in the building.
· Student will proceed to the dressing area to prepare for picture then proceed to the photo booth.
· If a student has borrowed one of the school cap & gowns, after they have their picture taken they will return the cap and gown to the Nurse for treatment, and the student will leave the building. All other students will exit the building directly after having their picture taken.
· We understand that Seniors have not seen each other all year and might want to stay in the gym to socialize, but we cannot allow that. All students must remain physically distant and exit the building as soon as their picture has been taken.
Trivia for Sports Fans
In 1919, Cleveland Indians pitcher Ray Caldwell was struck by lightning in the middle of the 9th inning. He kept playing!
Pardon & Commute
Although both are considered acts of clemency, pardon and commute differ in meaning.
Pardon, as a verb, may be defined as “to absolve from the consequences of a fault or the punishment of crime : free from penalty”; as a noun it has legal uses such as “a release from the legal penalties of an offense” and “an official warrant of remission of penalty as an act of clemency.”
To commute a sentence, in legal use commute means “to change (a penalty) to one less severe especially out of clemency”; when used as a noun (“a change of a legal penalty or punishment to a lesser one”) the word is commutation.
Buy your Yearbook now
This year has certainly been strange, but that doesn’t mean the yearbook staff isn’t hard at work making you one amazing book.
The deadline to personalize your book with your name or icons on the cover is January 29th!
The price will also rise form $35 to $40 after January 29th! So Visit yearbookforever.com search for Center High School and order your yearbook today!