QSI Skopje: The Scoop
August 20, 2021
Mark Your Calendars
- 1st: Community Chat and New Family Orientation 5:00 (new families) and 5:30 (returning families) at QSI
- 6th: After School Activities (ASA's) Begin for 5YOC-11YOC 2:30-3:15
- 6th: Middle School/Secondary Clubs and Activities Begin (12YOC-Secondary 4) 3:15-4:15
- 8th: Macedonian Independence Day - No School
- 13th-30th: NWEA MAP Testing (Reading, Language Usage, Math)
Successful Start to the School Year
Dear QSI Skopje Community,
We welcome the 2021-2022 school year with optimism and excitement! We have eagerly anticipated the full reopening of our campus and had a wonderful start to the school year this week. Our teachers and students returned with excitement eager to learn and ready to begin another successful year at QSI Skopje.
It is a true privilege to be a part of a community where parents, teachers, and students care for each other and strive to build positive relationships that support academic success and social growth. Together, I know we will make this school year one of growth and achievement for all students. Thank you for sharing your children with us. They are the reason that we are here!
WhatsApp and Viber: 071310100
UPDATED 2021-22 COVID Mitigation Plan
The updated COVID Mitigation Plan below outlines the ways that QSI Skopje will maintain a safe learning environment for the QSI community. The government regulations for reopening schools with physical presence were recently released. Since QSI Skopje received special permission to remain open on-campus last year, our safety plan is already aligned with the majority of the protocols recently released by the government. Some slight changes have been updated in the plan attached below.
2021-22 COVID Response Plan
The most important thing is trust! We must be able to trust each other and take care of each other. Please be vigilant about checking your child's health before sending them to school. If your child is showing any signs of illness, keep him/her home. Your child's mental wellbeing is just as important. Are they excited or anxious about returning to campus? If your child is showing any signs of anxiety or distress, please let us know. We are here to ensure a safe transition!
Download the PDF version of the plan below.
QSI Skopje's Continuation of Education Plan
Important Information Regarding the Continuation of Education:
1. All classes will be on campus beginning August 19th following a full-day normal schedule.
2. Online learning will ONLY be provided as a learning option when:
- A class has to quarantine due to a positive case.
- The entire school must close due to a government mandate (beyond the special permission received to remain open) or QSI Skopje deems being at school to be unsafe.
- A student is sick with COVID or has a family member that is sick and quarantine is required. If students are out sick with a non-COVID illness, it will be a sick day and teachers will NOT provide online learning for these situations.
IMPORTANT: Student Health/Contact Information/Image Sharing Permission
In addition to the health and contact information, we need to receive permission from every parent about the use of photos on our school media sites. The school believes in the frequent representation of student learning, school events, academic and extracurricular successes, and celebrations. The school publishes photos in newsletters, blogs, Facebook, and other social media platforms (official school pages/accounts ONLY), school marketing publications (including school video and information packet), as well as the official school website. No name, address, or other information will be posted or shared regarding any person.
Due to privacy laws, we are unable to post pictures in the newsletter, Facebook, and Instagram until we have signed consent to use your child's photos. Please take a minute and complete this form so we can begin showing all of the amazing things happening at QSI Skopje throughout newsletter and social media sites!
Bus Program and Registration
Buses are available for student pick-up and drop-off at school. This is a door-to-door service provided at an additional cost. The school buses are also used for other school-related field trips and special activities.
Information about the bus program can be found below. Please use the link below to register for services.
The Hot Lunch Program Returns for 2021-22
Please see the attached menu for the next three weeks. You can register for lunches using the link below. The registration link allows you to choose the main food option for each day.
Lunches cannot be purchased per day. Registering using this link automatically enrolls you in the lunch program for Term 1, and you will be invoiced for the entire term. If you choose to pay the full year in advance, you will receive a 10% discount if paid by September 16th. Please see the lunch services information below for pricing.
IMPORTANT Information for Ordering Lunch Next Week
To ensure we meet the deadline for the caterer each day and avoid missing last-minute registrations, we will open and close the lunch registration throughout the week as follows:
1. Lunches STARTING Monday, August 23rd
- Registration open from Friday, August 20th through Saturday, August 21st at 2:00 PM
- Registration open on Monday, August 23rd from 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
3. Lunches STARTING Friday, August 27th
- Registration open on Wednesday, August 23rd from 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
4. Lunches STARTING Monday, August 30th
- Registration open from Friday, August 27th through Saturday, August 28th at 2:00 PM
Please contact Zaha at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
QSI Skopje Dress Code Policy
The student and parent handbook for QSI Skopje contains school policies and needs to be updated. A committee of stakeholders will be created to discuss and update policies. If you are interested in serving as a parent representative for this committee please sign up when registration is sent in the near future.
One important piece of information usually communicated in the handbook is the dress code policy. It is important that the expectations for the dress code are communicated before the start of the year so students are set up for success.
Summary of the QSI Skopje Dress Code:
QSI schools do not have uniforms in order to encourage and respect individuality. Students should wear clothing appropriate for school that does not distract from learning and that reflects consideration for others with different values or from different cultures.
Dress Code Guidelines
• No drug or alcohol-related images may be worn.
• Foul or vulgar language on clothing may not be worn.
• Wear shoes.
• No see-through tops or bottoms.
• No visible underwear/undergarments. Spaghetti strap shirts should not be worn.
• Wear clothing that is not offensive or immodest.
• No midriff-baring shirts or low-cut tops. Shirts should properly cover the trunk of the body.
• No short skirts or shorts that can easily expose undergarments.
If a student’s attire is deemed inappropriate for a school setting, then the student may be asked to go home and change clothing, cover with a jacket, or change at school if clothes are available.
Students and staff should be dressed for success to represent who we are at QSI Skopje.
2021-22 School Calendar
After the Health and Safety Team assesses our ability to hold events safely, an events calendar will be published and shared with the community.
Community Chat with the Director
- receive updates about what is happening at the school.
- ask questions about our school program and get clarification/answers from the Director.
- learn about how we are keeping QSI Skopje safe. #ForwardTogether
- connect with others in the QSI Skopje community.
The event will begin at 5:00 for NEW parents to QSI. Heather will spend 30 minutes helping new parents understand a little bit more about our school and program.
Returning parents will join us at 5:30 for a meeting for all parents.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We must follow all government regulations when holding an event. ALL parents who attend the event on campus must be vaccinated and provide their vaccination records at the gate. The meeting will be streamed on Zoom for parents who are unable to attend on campus.
Saturday Soccer School at QSI Skopje
The soccer school is back! We are opening up the twice-monthly soccer school at QSI on Saturday mornings starting Saturday, 28th August focused primarily on the lower years from 7YOC (1st grade) to 9YOC (3rd grade). The school is run by QSI parent and soccer coach Philip Evans.
Please complete the survey if you are interested in attending.
Stay Informed with Updates and Information from QSI Skopje
1. The WhatsApp and Viber groups will have the same information, so you do not need to join both.
2. The group is designed to be used as a one-way communication tool. Only QSI admin can send messages in the group. This will prevent people from receiving too many messages in their chats. Please email or message Heather if you have questions or need clarification about any information shared in the group.
3. Updates, reminders, important information, and the weekly parent newsletter (The Scoop) will be sent in both groups to keep all parents informed.
Please click the link below to join the new QSI Skope Parent Group.