10/19 Teacher PD Day
Professional Development, Session #1
Our first PD day is coming soon!
Our first PD day is around the corner, and we are really excited about what we have planned for you. We are shooting for a full day of learning that will lead to immediate implementation in the classroom.
There will be two sessions during the day. The first session is broken down by content. The second session will include all contents K-5 (except 5th grade Math).
Please look below at the agenda and logistics of the day:
Computer/technology training @ Nolan Estes from 8 a.m. - 10 a.m. Resume activities at Blanton for Session #2.
PD by Department, return to Blanton for Session #2.
Work on case management files
K-2 Reading - Phonics and Guided Reading
3-5 Reading - Achieve 3000 @ Library
2-5 Math - Mr. Pizarro's classroom
Items to bring to 2-5 Math Task Analysis Guide:
- Week 9's master copy of activities: Tuesday - Friday's planned whole group, guided, and independent practice
*5th Grade Math: leave Blanton at 11:30 a.m. to have lunch. You have to be at the 5th Grade Math: Carnegie Learning Academy Focusing on Students Success training at 1:00 p.m.. The session will be held at Buckner, Room #801. If you have not registered yet, please do so through SchoolNet using the code: 10000002305
All grades - Library
Items to bring:
- Curriculum Maps for 2nd 6 weeks
- 3rd 6 Weeks Curriculum Map in blank
- All in Learning Reports
- Blue binder (3-5 Math) with resources
Light breakfast (coffee & breakfast bars) will be provided, as well as afternoon snacks. You are welcome to bring your own, too!
- I will own my results, student achievement depends on me
- I will grow myself and others by sharing and receiving feedback
- I will be clear, courageous, and direct
- I will prioritize accelerating student achievement as the main thing
- I will be generous with myself and others by acknowledging the hard work
- I will consider the third way, when facing struggling situations and I need to change my mindset
- I will ask questions, and share thoughts/concerns/opinions about the topic during the meeting, not after in order to respect team decisions