Ridgeview STEM Junior High School
March 5, 2021
From Mrs. Richardson
Hello Ridgeview families,
As the weather turns warmer, we are preparing not only for the sunshine but also the return of all students to the building. We have been reminding students of the expectations and emphasizing that while it will be different having all of our students in the building at the same time, the expectations remain the same.
- Students will still be required to wear a mask while in school at all times. Teachers will have the ability to give students mask breaks if time/weather permits.
- Mask breaks are done outside. Students will be reminded that if they remove their mask, they need to be socially distanced at least 6 feet from any other individual during the break.
- Students won't be issued lockers, therefore they'll continue to carry items from class to class.
- Students dropped off between 6:45-7:00 will use the cafeteria doors to enter the building.
- After 7:00 AM, enter either the cafeteria or main door depending on where the car line is.
- Please continue to pull forward to alleviate traffic on Hill Rd. as much as possible.
I would also like to take this opportunity to ask for your help in regard to cell phones and bluetooth enabled devices. We are starting to see an uptick in students using cell phones to take pictures and create videos during the school day. We have reminded students that the cell phone rule for Kindergarten through 8th grade is off and away during the day. Students taking pictures or video recording can, while maybe unintended, create violation of privacy for others. Students have been told that if they are caught video taping or taking pictures, their cell phone can be confiscated and placed in the office. The administration team would appreciate your help in reminding students about appropriate use of their cell phones and turning them off during the day. If you have a need to contact your student during the day, each of our classrooms are equipped with phones. When calling into the office, we can notify your student's teacher quickly that you need to get in touch with them. They may come to the office to use the office phone.
We also are reminding students that they should leave their bluetooth devices such as airpods or Beats at home. Students are listening to music or videos that have been running on their phones. However for the safety of our students, especially during class change, we have asked them to put their headphones away. In cases of emergency, we want students to be able to hear any announcements that may come over our PA system and having their phone connected to their music may make it hard for them to hear. Students should only be using headphones when their classroom teacher allows it.
Our Ridgeview administration and staff would like to extend our deepest appreciation for all of your support during this school year, so thank you!
Tuesday, March 9-Parent-Teacher Conferences-3:40-7:15 p.m.-CONTACT TEACHER(S) TO SCHEDULE
We will also have the Berwick Food Truck as a fundraiser on this conference date-Click on the picture below to order by Sunday, 3/7.
Thursday, March 9-Mandatory Track Parent Virtual Meeting @ 6:00-see information in sports section
March 29-April 2-Spring Break
April 5-Return to 5 days a week for Hybrid students
What's Going On in P.A.W. Time for March?
Spring Sports in Full Swing Monday, March 1:
Softball: 3:00 - 4:30
Track: 3:00 - 4:30 (see more info below)
Baseball Tryouts: 4:30 - 6:00
Boys Tennis: 6:00-7:00 (if indoors); 4:30 - 6:00 (if outside @ courts)
Lacrosse: 7:00 - 8:30
Key Participation Details:
1. CURRENT OHSAA physical must be on file to participate2. COVID athletic symptoms document must be completed daily prior to attending practices. See Final Forms email sent to registered athletes for the link to your sports form.
Parents, you are able to sign up for ALL SEASON's sports online. This will enable you to start receiving communications from the coach/program when anything is going on. Winter sports are starting some open gym workouts at this time.If you sign up now, you will receive all the necessary instructions for registration / physicals / communication from the coach prior to the start of the season. Visit Pickeringtontigers.net and click on "Final Forms" to register your athlete today. Also remember your athlete needs a current OHSAA physical on file. All athletic announcements and updates can be found at the website as well.
Odds and Ends
JUST SOME REMINDERS:
- Students should leave airpods/beats or other bluetooth devices such as those at home.
- Students should carry a spare mask in their bag. We have extras if the mask gets soiled as well.
- Students are reminded to turn cell phones off during the day and keep them in a safe place if they need to bring them to school. The district policy for K-8th grade is to have them off during school hours. We appreciate your support in this. If you need to reach your student, please contact the main office and we will have them come down to the office to call you.
- Students should bring a refillable water bottle to school as our water fountain mouth pieces have been turned off. We have bottle filling stations that they may use throughout the day. Students may also purchase a bottle of water through our vending machines for $1.25.
- Please see the bottom of the newsletter for links to: Free Meals on Virtual Days, Weekly Classroom Information, Parent Hub, Technology Troubleshooting, Virtual Attendance.
Sign Up for Meals on Virtual Days
The deadline is every Monday by 10am. FREE for ALL students
An important reminder: Please sign up weekly as this helps control food waste and monitor inventory levels.
The ODE Child Nutrition Department announced that all meals are free through June 2021! If you would like to receive breakfast and lunch for the days your student is virtual, please click on the correct link below to sign up. Remember that you need to do this every week.
Click here to see the Teacher Team Websites, Athletic Website, Parent University and so much more. USE THIS AS A ONE STOP INFORMATION HUB
Please read this important information on how your child needs to submit his or her attendance on virtual learning days.