FJVD Weekly Info!
We Live the Word!
Friday, March 9
Dear Students, Families, and Friends,
Reading for pleasure unlocks the power of information and imagination, and helps children discover who they are. Here’s what you can do to help children develop stronger reading skills and a love for reading:
- Set the example. Let children see you read.
- Have a collection of books in your home. Update this collection routinely to keep up with changing tastes and reading skills.
- Allow your children to choose their own books to read.
- Support Father John V. Doyle School's Book Fair! All are welcome!
Our Scholastic Book Fair is a reading event that brings the books kids want to read right into our school. It’s a wonderful selection of engaging and affordable books for every reading level. Please make plans to visit our Book Fair and be involved in shaping your child’s reading habits.
The Book Fair will be open in the gym on:
April 4 > 7:30am - Noon
April 5 & 6 > 7:30am - 3pm
PLUS Family Night Thursday April 5th from 5:30pm – 8:00pm
If you are unable to attend the Book Fair in person, we invite you to visit our online Book Fair at scholastic.com/bf/fjvd. Our Online Fair is available from March 28 through April 10.
We look forward to seeing you and your family at our Book Fair! Remember, all purchases benefit Father John V. Doyle School.
As always, Thank You for your support of Father John V. Doyle School!
Mrs. Jae T. Smith
After school on the rectory grounds
Boys Junior Basketball Tournament
- Our Boys Junior Basketball Team will be playing in the CAL Instructional Tournament tonight, Friday, March 9 here in our home gym at 8pm! Hope you can join us to cheer on our Junior Saints! Winners move onto the Finals next Friday, March 16.
Silent/Live Auction - April 14, 2018
Grandparents' Day planning meeting!
Please email Christine Andrews, firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not able to attend the meeting but would still like to be involved in the planning for this fun event!
- Dress GREEN to Go GREEN!
- Ladies Choice Event PHOTO order form
- Way of the Cross Wednesday March 28, 2018
- Lenten Food Drive info
- Golf Tournament flyer
- Golf Tournament registration form
- Golf Tournament sponsor letter
Upcoming Dates to Remember!
- Fri 3/9 Boys Junior Playoffs 8pm in our school gym!
- Mon 3/12 Reconciliation Grade 3 @ 12:45pm
- Tues 3/13 End of Trimester 2
- Wed 3/14 Bwana Iguana in the gym 9am
- Fri 3/16 Dress Green to Go Green
- Fri 3/16 Grade 5 will attend Stations
- Sat 3/17 Ladies Choice Event