How Common Is Leukemia?
Of all childhood cancer patients, around 1/3 will be diagnosed with leukemia.
Warning Signs of Leukemia
- Chills or a fever, as if you have a cold
- Feeling Weak or having a constant feeling of fatigue
- Severe Infections
- Swelling of organs such as the liver or spleen
- Bleeding or bruising easier
- Small red spots appearing on your skin
- Night sweats
- Weight loss
What Can I Expect From Leukemia?
- Low risk patients will survive more than 10 years
- Intermediate risk patients will survive around 7 years
- High risk will survive from 2 to 5 years
Leukemia can be unpredictable and there is no guaranteed life expectancy
Why Should I Know About Leukemia?
(White Blood Cells)https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=&url=%2Furl%3Fsa%3Di%26rct%3Dj%26q%3D%26esrc%3Ds%26source%3Dimages%26cd%3D%26cad%3Drja%26uact%3D8%26ved%3D%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ask.com%252Fscience%252Ffunctions-white-blood-cells-63a18a771a2dcf5e%26psig%3DAFQjCNE3W7gge3OJ7K2nujcZpzX2zgPQtw%26ust%3D1449925127862984&psig=AFQjCNE3W7gge3OJ7K2nujcZpzX2zgPQtw&ust=1449925127862984
(Leukemic Blood Cells Diagram)
(Illustration Of Leukemic Cells)
(Blasts Cell Image)