Catholic Basketball Association . Grades 2-6
CBA was founded many, many years ago by Jim Jenkins and friends. The goal of CBA was--and still is--to instill the basic skills of basketball into young Aquin students and young parishioners of our 5 supporting parishes. Games are played from late October through mid-December on Saturdays at our St. Joe's Gym. Parents volunteer their time to coach, referee and maintain this long-standing program.
- student must attend St. Joe's School or must be a registered parishioner at 1 of 5 Aquin's supporting parishes: St. Thomas, St. Joe's or St. Mary's in Freeport, St. Wendelin's in Shannon, St. Joe's in Lena
- $20 Registration Fee per player or $50 max per family
- please make checks payable to: CBA (not Aquin)
- completed registration form submitted by October 21
- Saturdays from October 29-December 10 (or 17th), except Thanksgiving weekend of Nov 26th
- Some games may be played on Sundays depending on Aquin Football playoff games
The CBA will be divided to keep children in competition with others in their same age range. Divisions are determined after registration is complete. Based on numbers, the coordinators decide what is the best break-down of ages. Boys and girls will play in separate divisions. None will be co-ed.
CBA is an entirely volunteer organization with the goal of acquainting younger players with the game of basketball. Instilling basic skills in the players is a goal of the coach. If you are interested in inspiring the future generation of basketball players, please consider being a coach and complete that portion on the registration form.