Week of December 20th, 2015
December 20, 2015
Enjoy the winter break with family and friends. Take a nap. Go out to eat. Sleep in. Read something. Watch a movie. And repeat! Speaking of movies... Whether you are a Star Wars fan or not, you will get a chuckle out of the video below.
There will be no MTSS on Monday or Tuesday due to multiple field trips and parties. Arrangements can be made for tier 2/3 students to have group time. Please work out details with MTSS aides.
MTSS groups WILL RESUME January 4th-8th. DIBELS testing will begin January 11th. The schedule can be accessed on this link. Winter data meetings will take place the last week of January. The data meeting schedule is HERE. Please complete STAR and DRA2 testing by January 26th. We should be ready to start new MTSS groups the first week of February. Please let me know what questions you have.
The week ahead...
Monday, December 21st
- Add some Holiday "Sparkle" to your outfit or Wear Holiday Jewelry
- 3rd-5th Movie Field Trip
- Kdg (2:00-3:15 p.m.) & 1st Grade (12:30-1:55 p.m.) Parties
Tuesday, December 22nd
- Holiday "Red & White" Candy Cane Day
- 2nd Grade Movie Field Trip
- 2:30 Madrigal's Concert in GYM
Coming in February: Global School Play Day! Sign your class up HERE!
Swartz Creek Community Schools
MISSION: Swartz Creek Community Schools inspires our learners to embrace challenges, set goals, grow their talents, and realize their dreams for success in a global society.
VISION: Swartz Creek Community Schools provides a world class education through innovative experiences while developing the unique talents of our learners.BELIEF STATEMENTS:
- We believe in a culture of learning.
- We believe that student learning should be the primary goal for all decisions made affecting the school district.
- We believe the climate and culture of the school is engaging, nurturing, challenging, and inspires students to express their personal ideas.
- We believe curriculum is integrated, differentiated, meaningful, and pertinent to life.
- We believe in culturally relevant education that provides the knowledge and skills to meet the global challenges and opportunities of the 21st Century.
- We believe in continuous improvement informed by critical evaluation and reflection.
- We believe expanding technologies enrich how teachers teach and students learn.
- We believe in building relationships and sharing resources with our community, parents, and staff members.