Eastside Dream Builders
Eastside Elementary Parent Newsletter
- May 9th & 10th: 4th & 5th MAP testing
- May 10th: Senior walk 2 pm
- May 11th: Kinder Zoo field trip (RESCHEDULED)
- May 12th: Quiz Bowl Tournament
- May 13th: Test incentive reward/Kona Ice
- May 13th: Choir @ Fine Arts 6pm
- May 14th-20th: RISE Greenbrier: A Geocaching Adventure
- May 16th: 2nd Grade Track and Field/4th-grade field trip/5th grade visits middle school 8:30
- May 17th: 3rd Grade Track and Field/VIP field trip
- May 18th: 4th Grade Track and Field/3rd-grade field trip
- May 19th: 5th Grade Track and Field/4th-grade picnic/1st-grade play 9:30 am
- May 19th: Kinder screening 4-8 pm
- May 20th: 1st Grade Track and Field/Kinder picnic/5th-grade field trip
- May 23rd: Kinder Track and Field/2nd-grade picnic/EES culture fair
- May 24th: 5th-grade bash/3rd-grade picnic
- May 24th: Kindergarten screening 4-8 pm
- May 25th: Award's Assembly/Panther Store/1st-grade picnic
- May 26th: Talent Show
- May 27th: Last day of school
Kona Ice is coming to Eastside on Friday, May 13th.
We are using Kona Ice Pay to simplify the process and make things easier for our staff. Please copy and paste the link into your browser to pay.
If your student has a Kona Ice plastic cup, they may bring it and use the "Refill" option for $3 (please make sure the cup is clean and not cracked)
If you would like to provide a Kona for another student, or multiple Konas, please select the "pay it forward" option, and pick the number of Konas you wish to provide.
Please have your order in by Thursday, May 12 at 9PM.
No cash will be accepted on the day of the event.
Science of Reading for families!
Each month, the RISE team produces a newsletter to explore and promote the Science of Reading in Arkansas. Within the newsletter, there are lots of resources that you may find helpful as you help your child grow on their reading journey! The RISE newsletter for May can be found here! May is National Mental Health Awareness Month. We challenge everyone to participate in the RISE and spread joy challenge! If you participate tag #RISEandSpreadJoy and #EESlivingthedream! We can't wait to see how your family spreads joy in Arkansas!
A few announcements
- Instruction begins at 7:45 and the tardy bell rings at 7:50. If you arrive past 7:50 please walk your child to the doors so you can sign them into the office.
- If you have any transportation changes, please make sure that you let Mrs. Whitney know by 2:30pm. This ensures that she has enough time to alert teachers of the change. Teachers may not check communication throughout the day, so changes need to go through the office.
- Parents of students in grades 3-5, please revisit with your child the school's dress code! Tank tops must be at least 3 fingers wide and shorts must be fingertip length. Thank you for your help with this!