HAWERA HIGH SCHOOL
ACCEPTANCE USE OF INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION RESOURCES
GENERAL USE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION RESOURCES
* Interfering with the hardware or software of the network
* Writing or distributing objectionable, threatening or time wasting messages
* Breaching copyright in saving or printing material
* Examining, changing or using another person's files, output or user name without authorization
* Sending and/or receiving unusually long e-mails or attachments
* Sending or forwarding electronic chain letters
* Students and staff wasting time on non-educational business
* Representing personal opinion as that of Hawera High School
* Representing peronal opinion as that of Hawera High School
* Soliciting e-mails that are related to business activities, or soliciting non-school business for personal gain or benefit
* Unloading, downloading or otherwise transmitting commercial software or copyrighted material in violation of its copyright
* Revealing or publicizing confidential information about Hawera High School. This could include (but is not limited to) financial information, staff information, student information computer access codes etc.
* Making or posting indecent remarks, proposals or materials.
SPECIFIC INTERNET "UNACCEPTABLE PRACTICE"
* Visting internet sites tha contain obscene, objectionable material - violent, pornographic, racist
* Sending or receiving any material that is defamatory or obscene, or which is intended to annoy, harass or intimaidate another person
* Using the internet or e-mail for gambling or illegal purposes