May 19, 2017
Last Day of School
- 8:35-9:30: Yearbook signing in homerooms
- 9:30-2:30: Activities at Andrew's Park
- 2:30- 3:30: Activity back at school
- 8:35- 9:45: Homeroom activity
- 9:45- 1:30: Activities at Lion's Park
- 1:30- 3:30: Activity back at school
- 8:35- 9:45: Homeroom activity
- 9:45- 2:30: Activities at Andy Alligator
- 2:30- 3:30: 8th grade video and yearbook signing
Papa John's Night
Laptop and Backpack Information
Next year 6th -12th grade students will be checked out a macbook air to use in school. We recommend students purchasing cases for the laptops to keep them safe. Because students will be carrying their laptops with them all day, backpacks will be allowed in classes. In order to help you with purchasing school supplies this summer, I am providing the information on the devices below.
- (13-inch/1.6GHz i5/8GB/256GB flash storage/Intel HD Graphics 6000)
- Part Number: MMGJ2LL/A
There is a great site that you can submit your questions about the itech launch. https://sites.google.com/norman.k12.ok.us/itech/about-itech
Apps Creator Class for Incoming 8th grade students
Have you ever wondered how mobile apps are created?
Students learn and apply computational thinking and technical knowledge and skills to create mobile apps. Students also acquire and apply skills pertaining to the design process, problem solving, persistence, collaboration, and communication.
The unit provides students opportunities for self-expression. Teams identify a personal or community problem of interest to them that can be solved with a mobile app solution. The problem can address issues such as health and wellness, the environment, school culture, emergency preparedness, education, community service—the options are endless!
Go beyond being an app consumer and become an app creator!
Sign up with Mrs. Whittle in the office.
Online Registration & Enrollment Information
- New & Returning students must bring proof of residency in the form of 2 utility bills,
- If you do not have either, please contact your school site or the NPS Administration building for other options.
- If you are new to the district, you must have your child’s birth certificate and immunization record. Please note that students must be up-to-date on all immunizations to attend school.
We will have computers available for online registration during enrollment.
Thursday is wear your suspenders for Siano Day
End of Year Procedures
- Locker clean out will be Monday, May 22nd at the end of the day. Students will not have access to lockers after that time. Please help them plan accordingly.
- Students will not need backpacks after Monday.
- For the last day trips, students will not be allowed to have backpacks. They will be collected at the doors and returned at the end of the day. Students going to the water park may have an extra set of clothes with them to leave at school.
5/22 LMS Awards, LMS auditorium, 6 pm
5/22 Orchestra Concert, LMS auditorium, 7:15 pm
5/22 Locker Clean Out
5/25 Last day of School for students
*Please check the Longfellow Middle School calendar for updates. http://www.norman.k12.ok.us/middle-school-longfellow/calendar