Coloma Junior High
The Week of May 18th
Yearbook Orders are Complete for the 2019-20 School year
Field Trip Refunds
We are so pleased to see the continued progress in the online classes and the paper packets that have been returned. Parents, teachers may reach out to you or your child if they notice that they are struggling to complete assignments. Our goal is simply to support your child through this process in any way that we can.
Parents, remember we are not expecting you to be your child's teacher. Of course, we would like for you to check your child's progress, however, if you find yourself or your child becoming overwhelmed with school work, please encourage your child to reach out to their teachers. They can chat with them online during virtual office hours, or send them an email. Teachers will be happy to help break down assignments for your child, reteach and and answer questions.
- Building offices are now closed, if you require assistance please leave a message on our voicemail at 269-468-2405. Our staff will return your call as soon as possible.
- Meals will continue to be delivered on Mondays and Thursdays on a delayed start bus route as well as in the parking lot of the High School, near the football field.
- We have boosted our WiFi in the buildings so that you can access WiFi in our parking lots. Simply pull your vehicle into our lots near the building for access. Please remember to observe social distancing requirements while you do so.
Remote Learning Overview
Our teachers spent weeks analyzing our curriculum standards to determine the most critical skills, not yet covered, that our students will need to be successful as they move forward next year. These skills will be the focus of the work through the end of the school year. Teachers have created lessons that are targeted and meaningful, but also manageable in the home setting.
- Students can expect 2 lessons per week, per class for a total of 12 assignments per week.
- Teachers will also all hold office hours where they are available via Google Meet to answer questions and provide assistance.
- Parents can view a weekly overview by teacher via our website or the weekly newsletter. This will allow parents a way to view the weekly expectations and to even set daily targets for their children.
- Students will receive all information via google classrooms. Students are all familiar with Google Classroom and it is preloaded on their Chromebooks for easy access.
- The PowerSchool Parent and Student portals have been re-activated. Parents can view their student progress via the Parent Portal to see live updates via gradebook.
Assignments will be graded as Credit or Incomplete during the 4th Marking Period with Remote Learning. If students choose not to complete the assignments they will receive No Credit for 4th Marking Period. Remote learning progress data may be utilized when determining if a student qualifies to proceed to the next grade level during the 2020 - 2021 school year. Remote learning participation data may also be used to identify students who need to complete a summer school intervention program prior to the 2020 - 2021 school year.
Do you have a Comet that is ready to start Kindergarten this year? Be sure to check out our Virtual Kindergarten Round Up with Video Tours and more!
Specific questions regarding Remote Learning? Here is a link to frequently asked questions.
View Weekly Agendas, Virtual Office Hours, Email addresses and more here.
All of the district updates will be available through this link.
This link provides answers to many of the frequently asked questions that surround the mandated school closure.
Reach out for Support
Please click this link for additional community resources.
Information from Berrien RESA, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the CDC all linked here.