November 18 - 22
Keeping an Eye on the Trimester Goals
MIT students earn a place on the "Wall of Fame."
Units are Coming Together
Teachers have made tremendous progress in developing more coherent, rigorous and relevant curriculum.
Tracking Reading in Every Class
Caly Poly students strive for the 50,000 word club!
- ABI is now open to begin grade reporting. Please save all comments in a word document and paste them into the tool to avoid losing your work.
- The first trimester ends December 6 and report cards must be distributed by December 13. Please complete report cards by Monday morning, December 9 to allow Mr. Jacques time to review them.
- Mr. Jacques will be meeting with our custodial services manager on Monday morning. If you would like to communicate anything (concerns or positive feedback), please enter your comments in the custodial communication log by Sunday evening: https://docs.google.com/a/ousd.k12.ca.us/document/d/1P5gT2vNfg8UCK2dlV6_UngC1jehExuec-eGxdkQ7BSM/edit
Scholars of the Week
- Please remember to input Scholars of the Week in the Google Doc by Sunday night at the latest: https://docs.google.com/a/ousd.k12.ca.us/document/d/1-Jp0Fn7Eoq5uBD9_Ic7tDAacHVycKqzn_E9zZ8DZZK0/edit
- A scholar of the week can be recognized for showing the previous week’s core value or for hard work, extra reading, improvement, etc.
Approval for Day Field Trips
- Please use the new field trip forms which were approved by legal Sept. 2013 (date bottom left). Copies are in the office. Do not use any old forms which you may still have.
- Please give the school nurse at least 2 weeks notice by completing the Health Services Notification Form at the time you are requesting approval from the principal.
- Students with health conditions, medical orders and medications at school: teacher must take the medications and orders with them on the field trip.
Grade Level Meetings Can begin
Please enter grade-level meeting times on the calendar and remember to sign in for each meeting.
Instructional Leadership Team
- ILT will be adding a K-2 representative. Please let Wes know if you are interested.
- ILT met on Thursday to plan PD for this week. Please bring your copy of Focus and a text you are teaching to pd on Wednesday.
- November 20: Common Core Reading Standards and Authentic Literacy (Mr. Jacques, Ms. Lara)
- December 4: Academic Discussion in Science (Ms. Lara)
- December 11: Academic Discussion in Math (Ms. Syrowski)
- December 18: Sharing our Learning on Academic Discussions
- Math scores are due 11/20
- SWT (3-5) is due 12/6, but should be administered November 18 -22 to allow for make ups and scoring.
- Please conduct final trimester assessments by December 6. UFA meetings will be held December 10 – 12.
- Morning Meeting: 8:30 on the Back Yard
- Core Value of the Week: Service (I make my community a better place. Hago de mi comunidad un lugar major.)
- Minimum Day – 1:40 Dismissal
- Grade-level Data Analysis 2:00 – 3:00
- Faculty Meeting 3:00 – 4:00
- Caring School Community Leadership Meeting 4:00 – 5:00
- Wes off site at principal professional development until 3:30.
- Focal 50 pizza dinner at 5:30 for students and families (teachers and staff are welcome).
- PD: Common Core Reading Standards & Authentic Literacy (2:30 to 3:45)
- Mr. Jacques Office Hours from 3:00 – 4:00. Please come to discuss Fall budget revisions, transition to Common Core Standards, unit design, or any other topic.
Have a great Thanksgiving vacation! See you in December.