The rundown on Ridgewood Elementary - May 14, 2021
Principal Perspective - Feedback
We are so grateful for the the care and support demonstrated by our students and families during Staff Appreciation week. Thank you for making us feel so loved in this year that has required much of all of us. We are thankful for continued support from our community.
Feedback is important for all of us! For our students, it helps them make connections, grow in their learning and gain confidence. As adult learners, we continue to grow by reflecting on our work and getting feedback from others. As we round out the school year, we have several ways parents can give feedback:
- Student Profile Survey - Let us know the best learning environment for your child as we work on placements for next year. This survey will be open until Monday, May 17th.
- Safe Routes Survey - This data informs the grant that supports Safe Routes programming in BSD. This survey is open until May 21st.
- BSD Annual Parent Survey - Our goal is to ensure that every member of our school communities feels welcomed, valued and informed. A link to the 2021 Annual Parent Survey will be sent to all valid parent email addresses via SchoolMessenger on May 16. The deadline to participate in the survey is June 2.
- Vote! There are four open School Board positions in BSD. Ballots are due by May 18th.
Thank you for taking time to give your input!
Notes for gratitude for your amazing show of love during Staff Appreciation week.
Student Profiles for Next Year
Each year we give parents the opportunity to give input on the best learning environment and placement for their child for the upcoming school year. We use this data, along with teacher observed data, reading levels and programs to balance our class rosters for next year.
To give your input, please complete the form linked below by Friday, May 14. Thanks!
Please complete one form per child to give input on class placement for next year.
Our PTC provides these optional packs to make school supply shopping easier! Due June 15.
State Testing for Grades 3-5
Please share this link with those who have kids turning 5 years old by September 1st.
Clothes for Kids
If your student needs clothing at no cost, Clothes for Kids is ready to serve you.
Clothes for Kids hours: Tuesdays 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m., Wednesdays 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Thursdays 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. Appointments are required. To schedule, please complete the Clothes for Kids Appointment form or call 503-356-4322. Visits are limited to one adult with four children or two adults with 8 children. All visitors must wear masks. If you don't have your own, we'll provide one.
We’re also looking for Clothes for Kids volunteers. Please contact Johanna Shrout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ridgewood Library News
Curbside Library is still open on Wednesdays from 11:00-12:00. Come checkout books with Mrs. Bergin and Mrs. Murphey!! Email Mrs. Bergin if you would like a particular book or genre brought outside.
Please return all finished books to Ridgewood ASAP. There is a drop box in front of the school. or have kids return them in classrooms. All books are due back by June 7th!
How to borrow a book from the Ridgewood Library:
- Through the Ridgewood Library Catalog (Destiny)
- Here is how. Destiny-Catalog Instructions. You will receive an email when they are ready for pick up.
NEW: The Library has a new Google site. It will be updated regularly so keep checking back! https://sites.google.com/beaverton.k12.or.us/ridgewoodlibrary/home
KEEP CALM and READ ON!
See the full year calendar here. You can also subscribe to get our calendar added to yours!
- State Testing (see schedule above)
- Thursday, May 20, 6:00p.m. - Kindergarten Orientation
- Monday, May 31, 2021 - No School, Memorial Day
- Tuesday, June 1 - Follow Monday specials schedule
- Wednesday, June 2 - Instructional Wednesday, follow Tuesday Specials
- Friday, June 4, 5:00-8:00 - Carnival
- Tuesday, June 8, 6:30 - PTC Meeting
- Friday, June 11, 4:00-6:00, Remember Shawna Allen
- Wednesday, June 16, 10:00-3:00 - Fifth grade party
- Friday, June 18 - Last Day of School, Class Parties, Fifth grade drive through clap out @3:00
The first day of the 2021-22 School Year is Wednesday, September 8, 2021.
Ridgewood Elementary School
Please ring the doorbell on our front porch and we will gladly help you.