CDW Weekly Wrap-Up
September 17, 2021
A Message from Ms. Santa
This week, Ms. Santa and Mr. Lauriello visited the afternoon PE classes to have a meeting about the expectations of middle school students. As we know, middle school is the period between elementary and high school that is often an exciting yet challenging time in a preteen's life. We discussed the many ways that the staff of CDW is here to support the students and to provide them with opportunities to learn more about themselves and grow into successful teenagers.
Just a reminder, at the bottom of each CDW Weekly Wrap-Up are upcoming, important dates!
New Jersey Standardized Testing Update: Start Strong
- On Monday, September 20th, the students in Grades 5-8 will take the NJ Start Strong Math Assessment.
- On Tuesday, September 21st, the students in Grades 5-8 will take the NJ Start Strong Language Arts Assessment.
- On Wednesday, September 22nd, the students in Grade 6 will take the NJ Start Strong Science Assessment.
- Each assessment is 60 minutes.
PTO Upcoming Meeting
ATTENTION 7TH GRADE PARENTS
Physical Education Class- Attention all 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Parents/Guardians
Optional: Your child can bring a change of bottoms(shorts/sweatpants), old sneakers, & stick deodorant to keep in their PE locker as well if they would like. SPRAY COLOGNE OR FRAGRANCE is prohibited in the locker rooms. More information will follow during Back to School Night on 9/23. Thank you!
CDW Spirit Wear!
The Crew T-Shirt comes in 2 colors: Gray and Green!
Old Tappan Hooded or Crew Sweatshirts are available to order!
Long Sleeve Tee with the CDW Knight!
Travel Quarantine Requirements
We know that families are planning trips in the near future so below is the current information regarding the need to quarantine after travel. Please remember that travel quarantines are subject to change based on guidance from the CDC and/or Governor Murphy. The information below is current as of September 17, 2021.
- Traveling within the United States - Currently, there is no requirement to quarantine if you and your family travel within the United States.
- Traveling Internationally - If you and your family travel to a country on the CDC's Travel Ban list, your child(ren) is required to quarantine for 7-10 days upon their return to the United States. This list can be found by clicking here. If you plan to travel internationally, please contact me to discuss your child's quarantine period.
If Your Child is Not Feeling Well
- has a fever. Students should be fever-free for 24 hours without medication prior to returning to school.
- is nauseous or is vomiting.
- has diarrhea
Due to Covid-19, if your child comes to school with the following symptoms, Mrs. McCarthy, our school nurse, will call you to pick up your child from schoo:
- At least two of the following symptoms: fever, chills, rigors, myalgia, headache, sore throat, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, congestion or runny nose; OR
- At least one of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new olfactory disorder, new taste disorder.
Any student who falls into one of the categories above will be required to have a negative Covid-19 test to return to school. If your child has a chronic illness with one or more of the above symptoms, please contact Mrs. McCarthy so she is aware.
Anytime your child is not feeling well, and will not attend school, please contact Mrs. McCarthy at 201-664-1475 ext. 2103.
TREX Recycling Program
Please click here to see the CDW Flyer!
The 8th Grade Car Wash was a Success!
Please enjoy the pictures below from the event.
The Hallways of CDW
Art Room Supplies Needed!
- Plastic Bags
See the Flyer from Ms. Watters HERE.
Chromebook Insurance Information
CDW Media Center Website
Ms. DiPisa would like to introduce the new Media Center Website! We encourage you to take a tour and learn about all of the wonderful happenings going on in our CDW Media Center!
Important Student Drop-Off and Pick-Up Reminders
- The drop-off line is a continuously moving line. Please do not park in the staff parking spaces along Interschool Drive to drop off your child(ren). Children are exiting their vehicles and heading towards the sidewalk, and this causes an unsafe walking zone.
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) should not exit the vehicle. If your child(ren) need assistance, the staff members are there to help.
- Please do not use the right lane to drop off your child(ren). This lane is designated for cars moving through to the exit.
- Please arrange a meeting area with your child(ren) so that you can locate them efficiently.
- Please do not park and/or exit your vehicle regardless of your child(ren) being at TBD or CDW.
- Please do not block designated emergency lanes that connect TBD and CDW.
General Traffic Rules Regarding Parking
- Never park in a "No Parking, Fire Lane." These lanes are designated with yellow paint in diagonal lines on the pavement along with the words, "No Parking Fire Lane."
- Never park along a curb that is painted yellow and leave your vehicle unattended.
- Do not double park (park your vehicle beside another vehicle that is in a designated parking space).
Lunch Vendors are Back!
Join the PTO!
Volunteers play a huge part in the PTO and what we are able to offer our students and teachers. Without volunteers, many of the programs that students, teachers, and families enjoy will not be able to happen. Volunteer descriptions can be found at: OTPTO.org under "More Info" and then "Flyers."
If you have interest in joining the PTO Board, joining or running a committee, or just want to learn more- please reach out to the PTO by visiting OTPTO.org and selecting "Contact Old Tappan PTO" under the Help tab.
Mark Your Calendar
Monday, September 20th-Wednesday, September 22nd~ NJ Start Strong Assessments
Tuesday, September 21st~ PTO Meeting, CDW Media Center, 7:00 PM
Thursday, September 23rd~ Back to School Night 7:00 PM; There will be a meeting for Sharpe Chaperones at 6:30 PM.
Tuesday, October 5th-8th~ 7th Grade Field Trip
Monday, October 11th~ Columbus Day 12:30 PM Dismissal for Students
Thursday, October 14th~ 8th Grade NJHS Induction Ceremony
Tuesday, October 19th~CDW Picture Day
Monday, October 25th/26th~ 6th Grade Field Trip