A Resource for Wildcat Families
Dear Wildcat Families,
The 2023-2024 school year will be the best year ever! All faculty and staff are fully prepared to help your child reach (and exceed) their academic goals. With your support and practice at home, our Wildcats will soar and R.O.A.R!
Our Building Leadership Team, Guiding Coalition, and Community Advisory Group have the following initiatives and programs planned for this year:
- Front Entrance Safety (August 2023)
- 2nd/3rd Grade Playground & Sidewalk Drainage (August 2023)
- $95,000 in Playground Updates (estimated completion October 2023)
- Gym Sound Treatment
- Grade-Level Team Professional Development (ongoing)
- After-School Clubs (Two 8-Week Sessions)
- Mentor Program
- Teacher Leadership Development
- Parent Engagement Workshops
- Student Academic Incentives
- Student Goal-Setting and Tracking
I will keep you updated regularly throughout the year via email, so please ensure the front office has your most recent and accurate address. I look forward to seeing you in the halls of Mt. Carmel Elementary, the best school in the state of Alabama. Parents may begin visiting students during their lunch time on September 1, 2023.
Kind thoughts, kind words, & a kind heart,
Dr. Julie Norden
Email daily transportation changes to email@example.com by 1PM
2nd/3rd Grade Parent ACAP Meeting
💡 mClass Reading & iReady Math Baseline Tests Begin Mid-August 🖥️
Fun Monthly Calendar
MtCS After-School Daycare
Summer Reading Leader
Help Your Child Learn the Value of Teamwork (2023-24 Theme "Better Together")
- Demonstrate teamwork at home--your actions speak louder than words.
- Help your child appreciate a variety of opinions and perspectives.
- Provide a variety of social situations.
- Promote community over competition
- Read stories about working together
Helpful Reminders to Keep Us Safe
Teach, Encourage & Model
- Daily behavior charts
- Weekly recognitions
- "Defenders of the Wildcat Way" monthly recognition (students demonstrating R.O.A.R. behaviors)
- "On a Roll" monthly recognition (students demonstrating great effort)
- Kindness Tree (#kindnessmatters)
- Student Spotlight on live morning announcements
- Whiskers the Wildcat (for great behavior in the cafeteria, halls, and bathrooms)
- Student leadership opportunities
💡 Why? Because we recognize that your child's social skills and emotional intelligence are good predictors of their future success. 💡
Help us at home by....
- Setting appropriate boundaries, such as bedtimes, screen time, etc.
- Following through with consequences
- Having good attendance
- Communicating with your child's teacher