HORACE MANN HIGH SCHOOL
Dates to Remember
April 18th No School(Easter Break)
April 21st School IS in session
May 4th Football sign up meeting for 2014-2015 school year
May 7th Early Release and Senior Banquet
May 14th Senior Class Trip
May 21st HM All School Awards Night
May 23rd All fees and fines need to be paid
May 26th No School(Memorial Day)
May 30th Last day of School for Seniors
June 1st Graduation. 1:00 Pm
June 4th and 5th Finals(see schedule below)
June 6th Early Release and Last Day of 2013-2014 School Year
Weather Make up Days
Thank you for all of your support in this matter
Summer School 2014
- Begins on June 16th and end on July 24th.
- Classes run Monday -Thursday from 8 a.m. - 1:00 p.m..
- First semester make-up courses will be held from June 16-July 3rd.
- Second semester make-up courses will be held July 7-July 24th.
- FREE breakfast and lunch will be served.
The classes offered are:
English 9 - 8-10:30 a.m.
English 10- 8-10:30 a.m.
Algebra- 10:30 - 1 p.m.
World Studies - 10:30 - 1:00 p.m.
- Summer school registration forms were mailed with the quarter 3 report cards to parents whose students failed any of the above offered courses (please return the completed form to the high school office by May 1st). If your child is in danger of failing the 2nd semester a registration form will be mailed with your childs progress report in early May.
- Students that are eligible for the CREDIT RECOVERY program will be mailed registration materials with the progress report in early May.
- Please keep in mind that attendance is necessary in summer school. If your child misses more than ONE day of summer school they will not be eligible for credit and will have to repeat the course. Family vacations, illness and appointments are NOT excused absences. Two tardies will equal 1 absence.
If you have any questions regarding summer school please feel free to call Mrs. Will at 929-3740 ext 5102.
May 7th at the Retlaw starting at 6pm.
Dress up! No jeans!
The cost for the banquet will be $10 if you have paid all your dues and satisfied the magazine buyout/sold magazines. If you have not paid your dues or have not paid the magazine buyout/sold magazines the cost is $40. This is due to Mr. Detert by2:35 on Wednesday April 23rd. You can pay with cash or a check made out to Horace Mann High School.
Senior Class Trip
May 14th to Great America and Gurnee Mills.
The cost will be $40 if you have paid all your dues and satisfied the magazine buyout/sold magazines. If you have not paid your dues or have not paid the magazine buyout/sold magazines the cost is $80. This is due to Mr. Detert along with a signed permission slip (even if you are 18) by 2:35 on Wednesday April 30th. You can pay with cash or a check made out to Horace Mann High School. The cost includes the bus ride, a ticket to Great America and dinner at the Rainforest Cafe.
Permission slips are available on the senior bulletin board.
Please see Mr. Detert, Mrs. Maurer or Mrs. Weigandt with any questions.
Seniors - Graduation - June 1st, 2014
Seniors - Arrive in the library at 12:00
Guests - Gym doors open at 12:00
- If you haven't ordered your cap and gown please see Mrs. Freimund or Mrs. Will
May 23rd Seniors must be passing all courses and have credit recovery completed and all fines and fees must be paid in order to walk in the ceremony
May 30th - 9:00 am - Mandatory graduation practice
1st Period - EXAM 7:30-9:00
3rd Period - EXAM 9:10-10:40
5th Period - Class 10:45-11:30
Lunch A 10:45-11:15
6th Period - Class 11:20-12:05
Lunch B 11:35-12:05
7th Period - EXAM 12:10-1:40
8th Period - Class 1:45-2:35
Thursday June 5th
2nd Period - EXAM 7:30-9:00
4th Period - EXAM 9:10-10:40
5th Period - EXAM 10:45-12:15
Lunch A 10:45-11:15
6th Period - EXAM 11:20-12:50
Lunch B 12:20-12:50
8th Period - EXAM 1:00-2:35