Woodland Middle School
"The Woodland Way...Every Day...All Day!
Our Collective Commitments
- Embrace the continuous and collaborative process that ensures student learning for all.
- Create and evaluate common formative assessments to inform instructional decisions.
- Provide interventions for students who need remediation and enrichment for students who need acceleration.
- Transition from a focus on teaching/presenting to a focus on learning.
- Provide a guaranteed curriculum that promises relevant learning experiences for all students.
- Create a school-wide culture that ensures or promotes teacher efficacy.
Our School Day
Morning drop off: Students may be dropped off beginning at 7:30 am
Students will go straight to homeroom or the cafeteria when they arrive at school.
Staff Member of the Month
Students of the Month
Our March Students of the Month were:
For Acting with Appropriate Attitude- Chloe Baldwin and J.D. Parramore (6th Grade)
For Taking Responsibility- Carmen Rhodes and Joey McGrew (7th Grade)
For Showing Respect- Tanzie Jaimes and Hunter West (8th Grade)
For Demonstrating Cooperation- Priscila Rangel (6th Grade); Izaak Higginbotham (7th Grade); Colton Parker (8th Grade)
Thank you for modeling "The Woodland Way."
Parent Involvement Survey
Soccer Region Champions
Teacher Appreciation Week
Thanks to all our sponsors who have helped us show appreciation to our teachers.
Weaver Heating and Air
The Bridge City Church
Jennifer Clancy and Bay Equity Home Loans
Mister Softee Ice Cream Truck
Character word of the week....
Our character words for May are:
Week 1: Character
Week 2: self-confidence
Week 3: loyalty
Important Events this Month
May 3 - 7: Teacher Appreciation Week
May 5: Milestones Social Studies Part 1 (8th grade only)
May 6: Milestones Social Studies Part 2 (8th grade only)
May 7: Milestones Physical Science EOC (8th grade only)
May 7: Mister Softee Ice Cream Truck
May 10: Milestones Algebra 1 EOC (8th grade only)
May 12: Coffee with the Principal (Virtual)
May 13: STEM showcase
May 18: 8th grade awards day
May 18: Band Concert
May 19: 7th grade awards day
May 20: 6th grade awards day
May 20: Chorus Concert
May 21: Last Day of School (early release at 12:30)
Early Release Day
Summer Interventions Program
Parent Title 1 Meeting
You will receive a link to join the meeting a few days before June 10.
Ice Cream Fridays
- Wear a mask
- Stay 6 feet apart as often as possible
- Wash your hands regularly
- Use hand sanitizer
- Help keep the building clean
Masks on Sale
Parent Resource Center
Carpool Lanes at Arrival/Dismissal
- We ask that you maintain no more than a 15 mph speed limit.
- Also, please do not allow your child to leave or enter your car until you reach the designated crosswalk area right in front of the main entrance.
- We maintain two lanes in the drive-through for carpool.
- We keep the middle lane clear for safety purposes.
Deadline for Items to be Dropped Off
COVID-19 Precautionary Measures for this Year
- We will not be using lockers this year
- Water fountains will only be used to refill water bottles. Please allow your child to bring a clear, see-through water bottle to refill.
- No group restroom breaks. Students will go on an individual, as-needed basis.
- No dressing out for P.E. Gym lockers will not be used.
- Alternate seating in cafeteria.
- Alternate seating in classrooms.
- No large group gatherings.
PBIS Rewards App
Follow us on Instagram