Woodland Middle School
"The Woodland Way...Every Day...All Day!
Our Collective Commitments
- Embrace the continuous and collaborative process that ensures student learning for all.
- Create and evaluate common formative assessments to inform instructional decisions.
- Provide interventions for students who need remediation and enrichment for students who need acceleration.
- Transition from a focus on teaching/presenting to a focus on learning.
- Provide a guaranteed curriculum that promises relevant learning experiences for all students.
- Create a school-wide culture that ensures or promotes teacher efficacy.
Our School Day
Morning drop off: Students may be dropped off beginning at 7:30 am
Students will go straight to homeroom or the cafeteria when they arrive at school.
Staff Member of the Month
Students of the Month
For taking responsibility- Kyndrick Underwood and Ryken Underwood (6th Grade)
For showing respect- Madison Baker and Jacob Tatum (7th Grade)
For demonstrating cooperation- Lanie Calhoun and Collier VanOrder (8th Grade
For acting with Appropriate Attitude- Chloe Baldwin (6th)
Archer Dasinger (7th)
Mackenzie Jordan (8th)
Thank you for modeling "The Woodland Way."
Mister Softee Ice Cream Truck
Character word of the week....
Our character words for March are:
Week 1: Cooperation
Week 2: Forgiveness
Week 3: Respect for the environment
Week 4: Courage
Art Show at Euharlee Welcome Center and History Museum
Woodland Middle School at Euharlee art show at the Euharlee Welcome Center and History Museum is aptly named “Mind Over Matter: Resilience Through Art” - and boy, did the students show their resilience in a difficult year!
Come see the work on display February 25 – April 15.
Museum hours are
Baseball is in the Air
Soccer has begun
Black History Month
National School Counselors Week
Nutrition Department Aces Kitchen Inspection
Red Apple Run 5K
Sponsorship opportunities for the Red Apple Run
Important Events this Month
March 2: Tennis at Cass Middle; STEM Innovation Academy
March 3: Baseball vs. Red Bud
March 4: Baseball vs. Cass
March 5: Baseball vs. Adairsville; Soccer vs. Calhoun; Mister Softee Ice Cream Truck
March 8: Baseball at Red Top
March 9: STEM Innovation Academy
March 10: JV baseball at South Paulding; Soccer vs. Cartersville
March 11: Baseball at Rockmart; Soccer at Adairsville; Tennis at Calhoun
March 12: STEM Showcase #3; End of 3rd 9 weeks
March 15: Math MAP assessment; baseball at Calhoun; Soccer vs. Red Bud
March 16: MAP reading assessment; STEM Innovation Academy; baseball vs. AMS; Tennis at Cartersville
March 17: Early Release Day at 12:30; report cards go home
March 18: MAP Language Arts assessment; baseball at Red Bud; soccer vs. Cass
March 19: MAP Science assessment
March 22: Baseball vs. Cass; Soccer at Red Top
March 23: STEM Innovation Academy; JV Baseball vs. South Paulding; Track at Red Top; REACH scholar signing event
March 24: Baseball vs. Red Top; Tennis at AMS; Region Soccer Tournament
March 25: Region Soccer Tournament
March 29: Region Soccer Tournament
March 30: STEM Innovation Academy; Region Soccer Tournament; Track at AMS.
March 31: Tennis Region Tournament at Calhoun; Region Soccer Tournament; Track at AMS.
Early Release Day
Report Cards go home March 17.
Monday, 3/15: Math
Tuesday, 3/16: Reading
Thursday, 3/18: ELA
Friday, 3/19: Science
Ice Cream Fridays
- Wear a mask
- Stay 6 feet apart as often as possible
- Wash your hands regularly
- Use hand sanitizer
- Help keep the building clean
Masks on Sale
Parent Resource Center
Carpool Lanes at Arrival/Dismissal
- We ask that you maintain no more than a 15 mph speed limit.
- Also, please do not allow your child to leave or enter your car until you reach the designated crosswalk area right in front of the main entrance.
- We maintain two lanes in the drive-through for carpool.
- We keep the middle lane clear for safety purposes.
Deadline for Items to be Dropped Off
COVID-19 Precautionary Measures for this Year
- We will not be using lockers this year
- Water fountains will only be used to refill water bottles. Please allow your child to bring a clear, see-through water bottle to refill.
- No group restroom breaks. Students will go on an individual, as-needed basis.
- No dressing out for P.E. Gym lockers will not be used.
- Alternate seating in cafeteria.
- Alternate seating in classrooms.
- No large group gatherings.
PBIS Rewards App
Follow us on Instagram