Winnyda's Media Magic
I conducted some research about the relationship between music, films and emotions and this is what I found.
A) find some excellent examples of effective use of music in films where the music enhances the story-telling experience.
B) research about the relationship between music and mood/emotion
C) I used www.soundation.com and I tried to create a song that was: 3 minutes in length, uses dynamics, was uplifting, danceable and motivating. You can listen to my song here (http://soundation.com/user/winnyda). Through creating this song I learnt many things and increased my skills and understand in the following ways
- the music and pieces they had were up lifting
- I had fun, but needed to listen and choose carefully to make all the pieces fit
-I know what would sound good and I can add in more pieces to make it unique
- synchronizing the tunes can be more nicer to hear in songs
- placing an up lifting tune with a high beat tune right away won’t sound too good
D) I used www.clubcreate.com and tried to create a song that was 3 minutes long, was sad, emotive, moving and evoked feeling of devastation and destruction. You can listen to my song here (http://www.clubcreate.com/winnyda)When I compare and contrast the online tools clubcreate.com and soundation.com my thoughts are :
-they had a lot of music piece choices to remix around
- their way of adding music is more complicated than soundation
- but they had options of changing the music effect
- the tunes were different, but they had different instruments
- clubcreate was a bit hard to access the musiclab