May 6 - 10, 2013
Emmett Infante - All Star Reader
6th grader Emmett Infante is one of 12 students who have been recognized by Scholastic for their unwavering determination in overcoming obstacles and making impressive reading gains.
The All Star Award, a national honor, recognizes students enrolled in either the Read 180 or System 44 programs, which aim to raise reading achievement for struggling readers in 3rd through 12th grades. Representing Scholastic, Tony Villani presented Emmett with a check for $1,200, a book chest with the entire set of Harry Potter books and a plaque for his wall.
Nominated by his teacher, Mrs. Veisz, Emmett has shown tremendous growth in his reading skills since he began the Read 180 program in 5th grade. His favorite authors are Jerry Spinelli, Gary Paulsen and Andrew Clements and his favorite book is "Miracle on 49th Street" by Mike Lupica.
Emmett's teachers speak highly of how hard Emmett works to do his best. With his positive outlook and determination, Emmett has become an avid reader.
Jaden Caparelli - Day Of Service Essay Award
Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
Thank you from Doyle's staff to all of the Doyle parents who generously volunteered their time to make food for the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon on May 2 (Doyle Day). The selection was amazing and delicious!
A very special "Thank You" to Wendy Maraska and her volunteers for organizing this event and spending all day with set up, refills and clean up during and after the luncheon.
A brief message to our amazing cooks: dishes, plates and slow cookers can be picked up in the office. Thank you!!!!
Home and School
Yearbook - Final Orders
- Scholastic Book Fair (BOGO): May 14 & 15, 2013
- Dining for Doyle @ Go Bananas Frozen Yogurt: May 16, 2013
- District Art Show Opening: May 17, 2013
- 4th grade Pen Invention Convention: May 17, 2013 (Pine Run)
- 6th grade Middle School Orientation: May 23, 2013
- Market Day: May 24, 2013
- No School - Memorial Day: May 27, 2013
- 1st grade Field Trip - Elmwood Zoo: May 29, 2013
5th grade Inquiry Fair: May 29, 2013
- Field Day: May 30, 2013
- 3rd grade Field Trip - Franklin Institute: May 31, 2013
- 6th grade Social - May 31, 2013 (6:30 - 9:00 PM)