What makes magnets so interesting?
Properties of Magnets
- Attract iron and materials with iron
- Attract or repel other magnets
- Point north when they swing freely
- There are two types of poles, north and south.
- Poles that are unlike attract, poles that are alike repel.
- A force is a push or pull that causes an object to move.
- If you place the same poles together on a pencil, they will repel or push away from each other.
- Magnetic fields are the area of magnetic force around a magnet.
- Strength is determined by the strength of a magnet.
- Weak field = far apart
- Strong field = close together
- The field lines are the strongest at the poles.
- In magnetic material magnetic domains point in the same direction, and they make it magnetic or unmagnetic.
- In magnetic material, all or most of the domains are pointing in the same direction.
Ferro Fluid Tests - Magnetic Liquid