August 24th, 2020
Happy Monday Eaton families,
Our staff photo below looks a bit different this year, but we are still all smiles because we're thinking about the day that we get to reunite with our Olympians in person!
For now, our virtual sessions on Zoom and Google Meet will have to do, but fortunately, we are amazed at the level of participation in these sessions each day!
We miss you all terribly but love seeing the quality of work being completed on SeeSaw and Google Classroom, so keep it up!
~Your Eaton Teachers & Staff
Olympian Staff 2020-2021
Family Guidance Document: https://www.curriculumassociates.com/teaching-learning-2020/home-assessment-family-support
Family Center: https://i-readycentral.com/familycenter/
Additionally, the graphic below outlines what your at-home testing sessions should look like, as well as other tips for setting your child up for success:
Virtual Office Hours with Nurse Tammy
Beginning this week, Nurse Tammy will be starting her Virtual Office Hours! In an effort to help families navigate medical needs while our students are not in the building, she will be offering a chance to chat via Zoom on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:00-12:00. Use this link to join the session: https://zoom.us/j/92528336347?pwd=Yk80Rkt1b3F1aXB2QjluK2V4MmF0Zz09
No appointments are needed, and this is completely optional. For your convenience, the Zoom link will remain the same each week. Once you click the link, it will place you in the waiting room, and Nurse Tammy will let you in the Zoom session one at a time so you can have a confidential conversation. Please feel free to utilize this option if she can help you in any way. She is also at school most days 7am-3pm, and can be reached via phone at 397-1544 ext. 71711 or email at email@example.com. Her web page on the school web site is also a great resource, so check it out if you haven't already.
Additionally, wearing masks is such a foreign concept to so many of us. As teachers and staff, we have been practicing this new safety procedure for several weeks. Hoping we will have in person instruction soon, she encourages all parents to help their children practice this new procedure. Consider not only wearing a mask when you are out in the community but even when you are in your home, starting with small increments of time and slowly increasing it so when your child returns to school, wearing a mask for 6 hours or more will not be a foreign task. Thank you!
From Your Itinerant Teachers:
- While we are learning remotely, all Eaton students are following the same itinerant schedule each week:
Friday: ENC Posted/Catch-Up on the week
- Lessons are posted each day, so there is a new assignment to complete each week, which students are provided feedback on.
- Just a reminder, students receive an S, N, or U from their Art, Music, & PE teachers at the end of each grading period. All three teachers are using the same rubric, which you can access by clicking here. If your child still hasn't completed any of the assignments given in the first two weeks, these can still be done at any time during the quarter.
- In Google Classroom (4th/5th), please make sure assignments, comments, and videos are "Turned In" to be graded so that students received a grade/feedback.
- IT/DIGITAL SUPPORT:
Student Help Center: This has a direct phone number for students to get assistance with SeeSaw, Google Classroom, laptops, Google Apps/Email, etc. https://sites.google.com/nhcs.net/student-help-center/home
Student/Parent Digital Tutorials: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxKoDVBo-7zj52vFLy43Rd90M-I4U-pclzKE2NX-yR8
Class Project Information (partnership with NHC Public Library): http://bit.ly/eatonclassproject
Other Info & Reminders
- Don't forget to drop your green enrollment sheet off in the drop box at the school if you have not turned yours in yet. These are due as soon as possible. If you aren't sure whether yours has been returned or not, reach out to your child's teacher and he/she will let you know.
- Remember to sign up to join PTA! The link to sign up for our school can be accessed here: https://eatonwilm.memberhub.store/.
PTA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PTA Website: www.eatonpta.com
- Don't forget about the NHCS Curbside Meal service! Right now any child 18 years old and younger can eat for free at almost any school. Parents, guardians, and/or students are encouraged to walk up or drive up to any school and get a meal! Please see the attached flyer:
This document was created by the district to answer Frequently Asked Questions.
Zoom, Zoom, Zoom!
We are starting to pop in on synchronous Zooms and Google Meets, and we are loving seeing the kids more. We encourage you to continue attending these live sessions with your teacher as frequently as possible!
Heather Byers, Principal (email@example.com)
Brent Hall, Assistant Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Our School's Why:
To create an inclusive culture through modeling and collaboration that challenges student thinking in new and innovative ways.
We are creating a nurturing school community that prepares the whole child to be a problem solver, critical thinker, and empathetic global citizen.
Empowerment, Perseverance, Respect, Integrity, Celebration