Time and Setting
Plot of Prisoner B-3087
- *Yanek Gruener is the main character in the story, surviving in 10 Concentration camps.
- *Mina Gruener is Yanek's mother, she looks at the bright side of most situations.
- *Oskar Gruener is the Father of Yanek Gruener, and is a role model to Yanek.
- *Uncle Moshe is Yanek's uncle, and can be a downer in some parts of the story, especially about the Germans.
- *Uncle Abraham is Yanek's uncle as well, and the Germans allowed him to own a bakery even though he is a Jew, because it feeds them.
- *Hitler, as most know, led the campaign to kill the Jews.
- *German soldiers keep the Jews in the ghetto they live in, and kill Jews if they "disobey".
- *Fred is a friend Yanek makes in one of the concentration camps, sadly, Fred gets sick and is killed.
- *Amon Goeth is the leader of the first concentration camp Yanek went to. He is a cruel leader, and kills most Jews for fun.
%Survived in the ghetto by hiding in a pigeon coop.
%He survived death in a gas chamber.
# Means that the characters are fictitious
Simile in Prisoner B-3087
I found this on page number 108. This is comparing the kapos to schoolyard bullies.
Metaphor in Prisoner B-3087
I found this on page 85. This is comparing his stomach to a hard knot of fear.
Hyperbole and personification
Personification- The rock tore and scraped my skin as I cradled it to my chest and staggered across the yard to dump it in the new pile. I found this on page 106. I know this is a personification because a rock can not tear and scrape at someone's skin.
5 new Vocabulary word definitions
Kapo- A prisoner privileged enough to serve as a barracks guard
Ragged- Harsh; rasping
Grizzled- Having or streaked with gray hair
Gaunt- Very thin especially from disease, hunger, or cold
The kapo beat the prisoner for talking in the barracks.
The man in the bed under me breathed ragged, short breaths.
The mad who talked had a grizzled, small mustache.
All the prisoners were gaunt people who could hardly stand any longer.