Skull & Crossbones
An Update from Cardington-Lincoln High School
Piracy News and Reminders
- The Homecoming Parade will be held on Wednesday, September 28 at 6PM. The parade will start and end at the high school. Following the parade there will be a community pep rally at the football field until 7:30 PM.
- The Homecoming Ceremony will take place on Friday, September 30 at 6:30 PM before the football game.
- The Homecoming Dance will follow the football game and end at 11:30 PM. Dance will be held in the cafeteria until 11:30 PM. Admission is $5.
Please check into the front office anytime you are visiting the school.
Check out Parent Resources located on our district website by following this link.
Communication is important for a successful school year. Please make sure to update your contact information through the PowerSchool Parent Portal if there have been changes. Contact the high school office if you are having trouble with your account. Fees may hinder your ability to access PowerSchool.
Important Dates and Actions
9/28/22 Blood Mobile
9/28/22 Homecoming Parade and Community Pep Rally
9/30/22 Homecoming Dance
10/04/22 Team 9 trip to MVNU
10/06/22 Interim Reports sent home
10/06/22 Parent & Teacher Conferences - 1-Hour Early Release Schedule
10/10/22 No School - Professional Development Day
10/10/22 Board Meeting
10/18/22 Tri-Rivers meeting with Sophomores for perspective students.
10/20/22 Picture Retakes
11/04/22 End of the 1st 9weeks
11/10/22 Parent & Teacher Conferences -1-Hour Early Release Schedule
11/11/22 Report Cards - 1st 9weeks
Independent Reading Project
Mrs. Clinger's sophomore classes were excited to go to the CHS library last week to get books for their independent reading projects. A big thank you to April Williams for her work in the library helping them find books, adding to the inventory and keeping the library available to them.
Mr. Byerly makes a cameo appearance in the featured photo.
Sydney Hobbs, Anna Poppell- Sanchez, Brayden Lackey, AJ Brehm and Mrs. Clinger want to specifically send these pictures and remind everyone to READ.
- Boys and Girls Golf will play in their Sectional tournament games on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Volleyball will try to wrap up the league schedule and a KMAC Championship.
- Cross Country is at the half-way point as they continue to run faster every week and build up for the KMAC and OHSAA tournaments.
- Football begins the second half of their schedule and the team is working hard to close out their year on a positive note.
A special Congratulations to Coach Treese on his 100th career win in Volleyball. Coach Treese has collected 85 of those wins with the Pirates.
If you are thinking about attending a college/university or another post-secondary institution, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens on Saturday, October 1st for the 2023-24 school year. Students and parents need to create an FSA ID. This needs to be completed prior to filing the FAFSA.
Please use the following link to create your FSA IDs (should take around 15mins to complete and 3-5 business days to process):
Once you have your FSA ID, students and parents complete their own individual FAFSA. Here is the link to that (starting October 1st)
Colleges have priority deadlines approaching, which typically start as early as November 1st. Applications need to be submitted by the college's deadline in order to be considered for certain programs, scholarships, and opportunities. If you would like to have a meeting regarding your plans, please stop by or email guidance to schedule an appointment.
- CCP courses cannot be monitored by the school per college and university policies. Please touch base with your student to make sure they are progressing successfully before it's too late.
Big Brother Big Sisters - BBBS of Central Ohio is back for another school year and is looking for "Big" at the high school level. More information to come and if interested in becoming a "Big" stop by guidance to get a head start.
- Our 9th grade students are visiting MVNU on October 4th to learn about higher learning education options.
- Tri-Rivers will be visiting out campus on 10/18/22 to share their learning opportunities for our 10th grade students. There are over 15 career pathway opportunities.
- Please make sure to keep updated on student grades through the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
News from the Quarterdeck
- Cardington PNN YouTube - Check out this year's first episode: In this episode: 0:34 How to be Successful; 2:20 PBIS Spirit Challenge for September/October; 4:10 6 Words 6 Shots Video Short; 4:39 PBIS Sense of Meaning; 5:27 Pirate Football Update; 10:42 6 Words 6 Shots Video Short; 11:07 PBIS Hope; 12:53 Spirit Week Theme Days; 14:31 PBIS Success Challenge for September/October.
- Did you know that parents can get access to each of their students' Google classrooms? Please contact each teacher for this important information.
- Parents can also gain access to each high school class cohort's google classroom for important information targeted for each grade level. Parents and students need to check this regularly so they can stay informed.
- Class of 2023 - 5shf2nh
- Class of 2024 - ighxkf7
- Class of 2025 - vgxdigy
- Class of 2026 - drt3nne