May 13, 2016
Mark Your Calendar!
- May 8- Happy Mother's Day
- May 9- STAAR Testing- 3 and 4 Grade Math and 5th grade Math Retest
- May 10- STAAR Testing- 3 and 4 Grade Reading and 5th Grade Reading Retest
- May 11- STAAR Testing 5th Grade Science
- May 12- Carson Family Night at Cici's Pizza 5:00-9:00
- May 12- 2nd Grade to Ranger's Stadium
- May 12- 5th Grade to Six Flags
- May 13- Field Day
- May 16- BOGO Book Fair
- May 16- 5th Grade to tour 6th Grade
- May 17- Science Magic Assembly
- May 18- 3rd-5th GT to High School
- May 19- 5th Grade to the Grasslands
- May 20- PTO Tasting Bee and Cookbook Signing
- May 23- Techno Expo 9:00-10:00
- May 23- 5th Grade Music Program 6:00
- May 24- Talent Show 1:00
- May 25- 2nd Grade Historical Tour of Decatur
- May 25- 1st Grade Reading Restaurant 8:30-10:00
- May 26- Battle of the Books
- May 27- No School!
- May 30- No School!
- May 31- 3rd Awards @ 8:15, 4th Awards @ 9:00, 5th Awards @ 10:00
- June 1- Kinder Awards @ 8:15, 1st Awards @ 9:00, 2nd Awards @ 10:00
- June 2- Last Day of School!
- August 18- Meet the Teacher Night 5:00-6:00
- Please do not request a specific teacher.
- We will honor one negative request such as "I would prefer to not have Mrs. Quarles for my child's 3rd grade teacher."
- Please do not ask your child's current teacher for recommendations for next year's placement.
- Please send any information to Mrs. Quarles no later than Wednesday, May 25th.
Carson Elementary has a strong, outstanding faculty, and I am confident that your child will thrive in any placement for next year. Please remember that this process is not complete and class placements are not available until Meet the Teacher Night on Thursday August, 18th.