College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Wednesday, April 29th, 2015- Registration opens to all degree seeking readmits and transfer students for registration, adds, drops and changes.
HELP! HOW DO I ENROLL IN...
If you have any enrollment questions or concerns related to other departments, please contact the advisors in those departments.
Ex: Chemistry, biology, physiology, etc...
HELP! I DON'T MEET THE PREREQUISITES...
A few Tucson ideas- Garden Kitchen, Campus Health, UMC Volunteering, Cooperative Extension, Research with Faculty in NSC Department, VA Hospitals, WIC, UA Nutrition Network, YMCA, etc...
Each internship has specific criteria for selecting applicants; however, the following things are consistently prioritized in a potential applicant:
- GPA (3.0 or higher)
- Nutrition and food related work experience (may be paid or volunteer)
- Some internships may also have more specific criteria such as specifications for grades in certain coursework, a minimum number or hours of previous experience, minimum DPD or major GPA, GRE scores, etc.
Please visit the website below for more information.
FLEXIBLE NUTRITION OPTION CORNER
- You have the option to take either MIC 205A&L OR ACBS 380. What is ACBS 380? -Food Safety and Microbiology
- You have the option to take both PSIO 201 and PSIO 202 OR PSIO 380. What is PSIO 380? Fundamentals of Human Physiology
- You can completely double dip a public health minor or a family studies & human development minor with your emphasis
Emphasis 101- The Basics
18 units minimum are required in the emphasis.
A minimum of 42 units of upper-division credit is required for this degree. NSC coursework provides 25 upper division units, therefore leaving 17 units to be obtained through Tier II gen-eds and/or appropriate upper division emphasis/minor/second major/dual degree coursework.
Ex: 17 upper division units in emphasis OR 9 units of Tier II gen-eds and 8 units of upper division emphasis coursework.
NUTRITIONAL SCIENCES CLUB
WHO WE ARE
The club offers opportunities for nutrition students to:
- Gain community experience
- Develop professional and leadership skills
- Network with professionals in the field
- Make new friends
Nutritional Science Club President
Email Jason today for more information on future email@example.com