San Marcos Elementary
Weeks of February 10th and 18th
2/10 Rolayne at AP meeting
Kinder and 4th Wheel Day
2/11 Fifth to BizTown
District Site Walkthroughs
6:00 PTO Meeting
9:00-12:00 5th grade TODAY Obesity Screening in MPR
11:10 Soft Lockdown Drill
11:30- Stephanie to DO
2:30 Staff Meeting - MPR
2/13 Valentine Color Spirit Day
9:00 SMUSD Board Tour
5:30 Migrant Ed Mtg- MPR
Food Pantry -MPR
2/14 NO SCHOOL
2/17 NO SCHOOL
2/18- 5th and 2nd Wheel Day
10:00 NTS Meeting
6:00 Girls Scouts in MPR
2/19- 9:30-Career Day
5:30 General ELAC Meeting
2/20 1st Wheel Day
4:30 HeadStart Presentation @ Headstart
1st & 3rd Math Planning Day
3rd Wheel Day
8:45 Upper Flag Salute
- A HUGE thank you to Hollie for holding down the fort while we were at the Title I Conference. We are so lucky to be able to leave our school in such good hands. Also, thank you to all who stepped in to help her and us while were were away
- We have really seen a marked difference in students' behaviors in the hallways and MPR. Thank you for taking the time to use the new ways to recognize students, it has made a difference.
- In 5th grade, when asked to explain their thinking about Mrs. Harris's 100th day shirt they could do so!
- Thank you to our office staff for their patience with parents as they come to register their new kindergartners! It is always extra work for our front office ladies and we appreciate it!
- Holy COW!!!! Family Math Night for K/1 was unbelievable! We had so many parents and students playing math games together. They were having so much fun, one kid was trying to "trick" their parents on a game, it was fun!
- Thank you Silas for hosting the BizTown parent volunteer meeting (and Meg and Cindy for being there.)
- Julie Brown and PE staff have painted a yellow line on the grass. Please help explain to students that the left side of the grass is for PE only and not to be played on while PE is going on.
- For wheel the next two weeks, we would like you to bring your pictures that you have taken so far this year. We will spend a bit of time learning how to upload for the yearbook.
- Career Day-We still need speakers! Please help us out and send me names of anyone who may be able to join us.
- If you read this come by for a golden ticket in Stephanie's office to be entered into a drawing for a gift card.
- Ana Hallman's community liaison days will change for the remainder of this school year. She will work in Kinder Monday-Wednesday and be available for you on Thursdays and Fridays.
- CSUSM Soccer will start again in two weeks on Fridays.
- Our annual district walkthrough is on Feb. 11th. Gina Bishop, Tracy Garcia and Maritza Koeppen will be walking around with me to observe in classrooms and see evidence of math practices. We are one of the last stops on their tour of the district to visit schools. Please see email for tentative schedule.
WHEEL WEEK AGENDA
2/10 & 2/18 -BEST Practices and Yearbook
Tentative Schedule for next few weeks
2/25- F & P Testing day
3/3- F & P Testing day
3/10- Walk-through Protocols and Norms & Data Analysis
3/17- Walk-through Protocols and Norms
3/24- Grade Level Vertical Observation Day
Brett Williams- 8th
Michele Nicols- 11th
Jade Machado- 17th
Elizabeth Zavala -17th
Marlene (cafeteria)- 17th
Olivia (cafeteria) -19th
Monica Duenas- 20th
Traci Molloy- 20th
YOU HAVE THE MOST IMPORTANT JOB IN THE WORLD!
New Apps, Tweets, Tech Uses
Google Docs Tip of the Week-
- Preview a Document without opening it. Click the eye icon from the docs list: