Reading and Review
For our final writing unit of the year we will once more look at the many forms of poetry to gain a better appreciation of this classic type of self-expression. We will also try writing some of our own. Check out a few of my favorite poems below!
Collect 'Em All!!
- Follow this link and read about several types of poetry.
- Add to our list of poetry types and their definitions. You may not copy and paste!
- Read some poems from the following list of websites or from books here at school.
- Choose at least two poems that you enjoyed the most. Copy them to a Google Doc of your own and write a review of the two poems. The poems MUST be from two different categories of poetry.
Be a Poet!
- Using the different forms of poetry that you have chosen, write two poems of your own following that style. Type them to a Google Doc.
- Describe the meaning of your poem or why you chose to write about that topic.
- Collect or create some imagery that follows the poems that you wrote and that you selected from other poets work.
- Assemble the images record a reading of your selected and written poems within iMovie. Be sure to discuss the type of poem and include your reviews and interpretations.