Catherine Wu

Italy

Come to Italy Today!

Do you like art? then you should know that Italy is the birth place of many artists such as Giotto, Donatello, Michelangelo, Raphael, da Vinci, Titian, Bernini, Caravaggio, and Modigliani. You should come see Rome's elegant statues, ancient monuments, old churches, and fountains. Venice is also a good place to visit, because Venice is one of Italy's most beutiful and romantic cities. If you like food and shopping then you should take a look at Milan. Milan has many reastraunts and stylish shops to go to, in fact Milan is best known for its shops and reastraunts. Also while your at Italy having a blast, get a taste of real Italian ice cream or eat a bowl of cheesy pasta and pick up a cappuccino to go along with everything else. So what are you waiting for? Come to Italy today!

Italy government, religion, currency and language

Government

Italy has a republic just like Brazil, Egypt and many more countries. A republic is when power is held by the people and their representatives.

Religion

80% of Italy's people are Christian, most Christians are Roman Catholic. The other 20% are mostly Jewish, Protestant or Muslim.

Currency

Italy's currency is the Euro. In 2002 Italy joined the European Union and changed from its original currency, the Lira, to the Euro. One Euro is worth 1.35 US Dollars, so make sure you don't run out of money on your trip!

Language

In Italy, the official language is Italian. There are many other minor languages though. You might need to know a few words to communicate though. "Hello" is ciao or pronto "how are you" is come stai "goodbye" is addio "no" is the same and "yes" is si. "Thank you" is grazie "where is" is dove si trova "what is" would be cio e "how much" is quanto and "money" is soldi.

Bibliography

Rome, Trevi Fountain, Day 1 073. Digital image. Flickr. N.p., 13 July 2008. Web. 26 Jan. 2013.
2€ Euro Coin, Finland - Design by Raimo Heino. Digital image. Flickr. N.p., 2 Aug. 2009. Web. 26 Jan. 2013.

Ice Cream. Digital image. Flickr. N.p., 6 July 2012. Web. 26 Jan. 2013.

Venice Canal.Venice CA,. Digital image. Flickr. N.p., 16 Jan. 2010. Web. 26 Jan. 2012

Italy. Digital image. Flickr. N.p., 26 Aug. 2011. Web. 26 Jan. 2013.

"Ten Good Reasons to Visit Italy." HubPages. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Jan. 2013.

Bakerjian, Martha. "Top Ten Cities in Italy - Italian Cities Worth a Visit." About.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Jan. 2013.

"Italy." CultureGrams. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Jan. 2013.

"Italy." The World Factbook. N.p., 14 Jan. 2013. Web. 26 Jan. 2013.