GRE Staff Newsletter
For the Week of January 6, 2019
Well if it's not going to snow, I can at least include some beautiful backgrounds with snow. It may be the only snow we see all winter! Well our first week of 2019 is in the books. I loved seeing students working on goal setting and thinking about what #newyearnewlearning they want to tackle. It was exciting to see the different ways staff reviewed expectations with students to remind them of our expectations at GRE and within their classrooms.
As we look forward to the week ahead, our Tuesday staff meeting will be centered around follow up conversations from data teams. Specifically we will look at how we can increase our students access to Writing about Reading. You can find a DRAFT agenda here.
We are T-minus 4 days until our GREatest Holiday Party at Star Lanes. I will send a final count to the bowling alley on Tuesday morning. That means you still have time to join! For those of you that don't bowl but want to come sit and take in the awesomeness of our crazy good bowling skills, the more the merrier. For those that are bowling...team names must be submitted by Friday morning. I can't wait to laugh and have fun with you this Friday at 4:30!
Here's to a great week!
2020 Vision-Are we there yet?
News to Share
1. OTES is back! Wahoo! Please make sure that you have pinned your evaluations from the first half of the year. For those of you that are on a full OTES cycle, you must complete your Professional Growth Plan by January 15th I would suggest that you consider the items we talked about during your post conference to identify your two goals for your work this year. You may also want to review the 2020 reflection tool, found here, to include in your goals.
2. In a few short weeks we will be installing new copiers! Our installation date is scheduled for January 17th. As we transition to new copiers, I'm sure we will need to work together to make sure we don't go crazy.
3. Something new to me this year is the annual Wizards Game, put on by the Rotary. The game will be held on March 5th. We need to have two staff members represent us in this exciting fundraising event. I have to be honest, I am terrible at basketball (we have a few)...so, who out there is maybe say...a basketball coach that is willing to represent GRE in this game? Please let me know if you are willing to help me out with this.
4. As we get started on the second half of the year, remember that we are working towards recognizing students positive behavior. At our Data Team meetings we brainstormed what deserves a Key to Success. Please review this Padlet and talk as a team at your next PLC about what you will do to recognize student behavior.
5. We will have our next Eagle's Nests this Friday. Look for more information from Ginna to come out shortly.
Week at a Glance
Monday, Jan. 7- D Day
Tuesday, Jan. 8- A Day; Happy Birthday Renee!
Wednesday, Jan. 9- B Day; Happy Birthday Tammy!; Yoga at 4:15
Thursday, Jan. 10- C Day; PTO Meeting 6:30pm
Friday, Jan. 11- D Day; Eagle's Nests; 4:30 GREatest Holiday Party
Upcoming Important Dates:
January 17 STEM Night 6:00-7:00pm
Jan. 18-Feb. 1 Yearbook Sale
January 21 NO SCHOOL: MLK Day