News from Principal Lamothe
Hello PRS Wizards!
Spring is finally here and our amazing events this week were in full bloom!
Grade 1 and 2 participated in Get Smart About Art presentations with many parent volunteers and Grade 2 had a Mad Science Show, both funded by our generous PTO. On Wednesday, Grades K-5 were fully engaged while listening to the great folktales and memoirs told by internationally acclaimed storyteller, Len Cabral which was funded by a METCO grant.
HUGE compliment to all students for their behavior during the presentations and particularly during All School Meeting on Thursday. They lived up to the expectation of a PRS student and showed our visitors what it means to be Polite, Responsible and Safe!
Coming up next week...
Monday, March 27 (Day 3B)
Tuesday, March 28 (Day 4B)
- 2:50 - 3:50 - School Council
- 6:30 - Grade 5 Special Education Forum at HMS
Wednesday, March 29 (Day 5B)
Thursday, March 30 (Day 6B)
- Grade 5 - field trip to the State House
- Grade 2 - Get Smart About Art
Friday, March 31 (Day 1A)
- Grade 4 - Holly Hill Farm
- Grades 3,4,5 - Midterm Reports go home
Please check your child(ren)'s Schoolcafe.com account to add to or pay off the balance.
Food Services will be phasing out the sale of single use water bottles. Once the current inventory is gone we will no longer sell 8oz waters. There is a filtered water hydration station available right in the cafeteria for any student that would need water.
📝 From Central Office 📝
5th Grade to 6th Grade Parent Info Night
More information to come.
Thursday, Apr 27, 2023, 07:00 PM
Hingham Middle School, Main Street, Hingham, MA, USA
By clicking on above "PRS PTO News" will bring you to the PTO website.
- 3/28 - 6:30pm - Grade 5 Special Education Forum at HMS
- 4/3 - MCAS - Grade 4 - ELA
- 4/4 - MCAS - Grade 4 - ELA
- 4/5 - Conferences
- 4/10 - MCAS - Grade 5 - ELA
- 4/11 - MCAS - Grade 5 - EL
- 4/12 - MCAS - Grade 3 - ELA
- 4/13 - MCAS - Grade 3 - ELA
- 4/24 - Families have asked that we have no homework on Monday, April 24th, grades K-12 in order to support their attendance at town meetings.
- 4/24 - Acton Discovery Museum presents Bubbles to Grade K, planned and funded by PRS PTO5/1 - MCAS - Grade 5 - ELA
- 4/27 - Grade 5 to 6 info night at HMS
- 5/2 - MCAS - Grade 4 - ELA
- 5/8 - MCAS - Grade 4 - ELA
- 5/9 - MCAS - Grade 4 - ELA
- 5/10 - MCAS - Grade 3 - ELA
- 5/11 - MCAS - Grade 3 - ELA
- 5/22 - MCAS - Grade 5 - SCI
- 5/23 - MCAS - Grade 5 -SCI
- 6/9 - Field Day - K - 4
- 6/9 - Fifth Grade Duck Tour Trip
- 6/15 - TENTATIVE - Last day of school
SCHOOL SUPPLIES - You can order online through Yubbler or purchase on your own. Choose your incoming grade level supply list here
1000 BOOK CLUB - This is a great program for preschool and kindergarten students to check out book bags and read with families!
LOOKING FOR AFTERSCHOOL CARE?
Kids in Action (KIA) Before and After-School Programs are for Hingham students in grades K-5. Our curriculum focuses on social and emotional development with support in academic skills through play and guidance.https://hinghamschools.org/academic-programs/kids-in-action9/
FREE LUNCH FOR ALL - This year, due to Federal Assistance, lunch will be served free of charge. This year, there will also be a breakfast program ( also peanut/tree nut free) for students who wish to partake in that. There will be one “grab and go breakfast” offering daily.
VOLUNTEERS - We are happy to have parent volunteers in our school again! As we enter a new school year, all volunteers in the schools (classroom volunteers, field trip chaperones, etc.) will require a new CORI check. Forms can be found in the main office or here
Administrative Assistants- Suzanne Price & Anne Bernazanni
School Resource Officer - Officer McGillicuddy
Nurse - Kristin Godfrey
K - Amy Maescher, Kim O'Brien, Julianne Riley
1st - Nancy Bucey, Katie Burritt, Janette Harrington
2nd - Cyndi Bonani, Krystal Bilodeau, Michelle Shapiro
3rd - Laura Falvey, Meagan Ottatti, Shawna Reames
4th - Kara Kremer, Maura Talbot, Susan Willison
5th - Julie Harrington, Joan Kilban, Meryl Vella, Shannon Wragg
Art - Alice Caldwell
Computer Science - Rebekah Stahl-Bryant
Library - Mary Dunphy
Music - Dorothy Turner
Phys.Ed.- Mikayla Pagnini
Spanish - Kendelle Ingram
Teachers - Colin Butler, Meaghan Gaven, Elizabeth Rubertone, Cassie Pacella, Lauren Smith
School Psychologist- Dr. Brett Bolger
Administrative Assistant - Susan Carey
Adjustment Counselor - A.C. Decker
School Guidance Counselor - Carolyn St. Laurence
Literacy Specialists - Kati Osterman (K-2nd) and Jennifer Madden (3rd-5th)
Literacy Interventionists - Wendy Kirk and Nicole O'Brien
Math Specialist - Jessica Kitchen
Math Interventionists- Christine Lotano, Letitia Reil