BY Zuri Bryant
Two chemical properties and two physical properties of Dolomite:
- Chemical properties: 1) Dolomite effervesces with dilute hydrochloric acid, but slowly rather than vigorously as calcite does; in general, it appears to smolder slowly. 2) When it smolders slowly it does so only after the rock has been powdered or the acid warmed, or both.
-Physical properties: 1) Colorless, white, buff-colored, pinkish, or bluish. 2) Dolomite crystals range from transparent to translucent, but dolomite grains in rocks are typically translucent or nearly opaque.
PROCESS OF DOLOMITE
- Dead burnt refractory dolomite is produced in rotary kilns.
List and explain process used in making Dolomite ready for the marketplace.
- After dead burning dolomite is cooled in a rotary.
- When dolomite is manufactured with an additive, it's necessary to use higher firing temperature, in order to shrink the dolomite in the kiln.
ONE METHOD BY WHICH DOLOMITE IS SOLD TO THE PUBLIC/PRIVATE BUYERS AND WHERE IS THE CURRENT MARKET PLACE
- Dolomite is currently; sold online, on websites such as eBay and Amazon and in healthy stores, such as healthy planet.
PRESENT AND PAST USES OF THE MINERAL
- Past: 1) For old buildings in the old city of Rome. 2) Making of utilization.
The environmental issues/impacts associated with mining this Dolomite. Steps that are can be taken to clean up and/or prevent damage from this mine type?
-Environmental issues: The dolomite rocks became a problem in the 19th century as they were forming.
- Steps taken to improve the problem: They found that dolomite was a marine issue also and the dolomite problem is still a issue. They tried to research all that they could to try and find a solution to fix the dolomite rocks that were an extreme inconvenience.