Some Stuff About Mars
Questions and Research
How much would I weigh on Mars if I weighed 150 lbs on Earth?
You would weigh 56.6 lbs on Mars because Earth’s gravity divided by Mars’ which would allow your weight to be 37.7% of what it would be on Earth.
Is there water on Mars?
So far I’ve read that scientists have found some in the north and south poles of Mars.
What is the size of Mars?The radius of Mars is about 2,106 miles.
What is the inner core of Mars made up of?Scientists haven’t found out what it is made up of but most believe it includes the same materials as Earth does.
Is there life on Mars? Is it possible?No life has been found on mars, the “Red Planet” is barren with dust with temperatures cooler than Earths. I would think that life wouldn’t be possible on Mars because there hasn’t been a single plant or living organism that would create oxygen that has been found by the “Mars Rover”. Although there has been a lot of movies about extraterrestrials on Mars.
Here’s a list of Mars Oppositions from 2007-2020.
- Dec. 24, 2007 – 88.2 million km (54.8 million miles)
- Jan. 29, 2010 – 99.3 million km (61.7 million miles)
- Mar. 03, 2012 – 100.7 million km (62.6 million miles)
- Apr. 08, 2014 – 92.4 million km (57.4 million miles)
- May. 22, 2016 – 75.3 million km (46.8 million miles)
- Jul. 27. 2018 – 57.6 million km (35.8 million miles)
- Oct. 13, 2020 – 62.1 million km (38.6 million miles)