Jaguar Tracks for Families
February 23, 2021
Joshua Eaton Reminders:
- Doors open & students begin to sign on @ 8:10
- Morning Work @ 8:10 -8:25
- School starts @ 8:25
- The dismissal bell rings @ 2:45
- Car tags must be hung on car visor or placed on the dash of the car to pick up car riders
- Send a note with your student if changing transportation home
- Students receive a free lunch every day
For families who are walking home via Oak St, please be sure to stay on the sidewalks as you leave JE to help keep everyone safe!!
COVID TESTING and Mitigation Measures
Further, if your child is quarantined, and we learn about it after school hours, it may take a full school day to support your child remotely. Our entire staff is working extremely hard to support all of the changes as they come. Thank you for your flexibility and support as well.
We appreciate all of our parents and students continuing to follow the procedures to stay safe during this time. Please make sure your Jaguar wears a clean, new mask daily. If they forget their mask, we have them available. Students need to continue to bring a water bottle to school for the bottle filler stations.
If you need to drop off something at JE, outside the regular supply dropoff times, please call the mainline, 781-942-9161, and someone will assist you.
Our staff is doing everything possible to keep your Jaguar safe.
Joshua Eaton Lunch Menu
- February 26th - Enrichment - Happy Humans Mindfulness -
8:30 2nd – Nazzaro, Libby
9:00 2nd – Fitch, Kiley
9:30 K – Cornetta, Fusco, Fisichella am
10:00 K – Manna, Meagher Fisichella pm
9:00 1st – Byrnes, Varghese
9:30 3rd – Emery, Lewis
10:00 3rd - McGevna
9:00 1st - McQuillin
9:30 4/5 – Callan, Johnston
10:00 4/5 – Tierney, Derosier, Donlon
- March 11th - Term 2 ends
- March 26th - Report Cards distributed & Professional Day for Staff (No School for students)
Joshua Eaton PTO News
Coming this Way: Joshua Eaton Masks!
Masks up! Joshua Eaton masks will soon be here! They will be a green and white design, and available in two sizes (Child: K-3rd grade fit, Youth: 4th/5th grade fit). Quantities will be limited, and cost will be $10 each or 2 for $15. Payment/order details to follow. All proceeds to JE PTO. Questions? Contact Leah Monteiro: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fifth Grade Yearbook: Upload Your Photos Now!
The yearbook photo collection is open for business! To make this year's Yearbook a success, we need lots of photos of these past almost-six years together. Specifically, we are looking for photos from any and all school-based events/activities (Howl, Ice Cream Social, Holiday events, field trips, classroom or playground candids) as well as ONE super cute Baby/Toddler photo of your 5th Grader!
It's Simple! Here's How to Send Your Photos:
Upload your photos to our shared google drive (https://tinyurl.com/JEYearbookPhotos) and place them into the relevant folders. This requires a google login but, once you sign into the folder, you can use the (+New) button (on the left-hand navigation) to access the "File Upload" option and drop your photos into the right place!! Need help? Contact us: JEYearbook2021@gmail.com and we'd be happy to assist.
Have a wonderful week!
Joshua Eaton News
Remote Learning Reminders
- Designating a home workspace that is free from distractions;
- Participating in daily virtual check-ins/class meetings;
- Dressing appropriately when participating in virtual check-ins/class meetings;
- Showing their faces on the screen when engaging in virtual check-ins/class meetings;
- Showing proof of participation in daily virtual instruction by satisfactorily completing assignments to demonstrate evidence of student learning ie. video, picture, or activities submitted as lessons and/or completing assignments; and
- Communicating with the teacher when there is a need for additional assistance, tutoring, etc.
Valentine Wishes from Joshua Eaton School -Answer Key
NASA - Perseverance Landing
Office of Student Services
Below please find dates and times of February's Office Hours as well as the link to the DOODLE Poll. Please use the DOODLE Poll to select a time to meet with us. Prior to your scheduled time, a ZOOM link will be sent to you via email. Please be sure to include your email address when you sign up!
If you have any questions regarding Office Hours, please contact Allison Wright, Assistant Director of Student Services @ Allison.Wright@reading.k12.ma.us.
Office Hours for February 2021
Wednesday 2/24 @ 9-10 am
Link to the Doodle Poll to sign up for Office Hours:
Assistant Director of Student Services
Reading Public Schools
Reading, MA 01867
Student Absences - IMPORTANT
There are two ways to do that prior to 7:45 am of the morning the student is absent:
1. Call 781-942-9161, Dial 1 - leave a message
2. Email email@example.com
JE School Supply Pick-Up - Next Pick-up February 25th
From the Desk of Mrs. Trevejo, School Nurse
If your family has been dealing with COVID-19 related issues such as quarantines, being identified as a close contact or if someone in the family has tested positive, please contact the health office to determine timelines for a safe return for your student.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any concerns. Elmy.firstname.lastname@example.org
Read Across America - March 1-5th
SEPAC (Special Education Parent Advisory Council)
Please join the SEPAC (Special Education Parent Advisory Council) at our next business meeting on
Tuesday, March 9, 2021, at 7:00 PM!
New business for this meeting includes an update from our reading/literacy subcommittee and a brief presentation by
Alice Gomez, School Psychologist,
on community resources, followed by a parent discussion regarding the same.
Please join us for this presentation and discussion and feel free to share any
additional resources that you think other parents may find helpful.
All are welcome!
This meeting will be held virtually, via Zoom.
Join us for our next
VIRTUAL SEPAC MEETING
on Tuesday, March 9th at 7 PM.
Meeting link: Join Zoom Meeting
All are welcome and ENCOURAGED to attend!
Connect with SEPAC by clicking these links:
- Join SEPAC's mailing list by emailing SEPACREADING@gmail.com
- Follow SEPAC on Facebook (please adjust settings so that you are sure to see our posts)
- Visit SEPAC’s website
The mission of the Reading Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) is to work for the understanding of, respect for, and support of, all children with special needs in the community.
Superintendent Virtual Office Hours
- Just a reminder, that Dr. Doherty is holding the Superintendent Virtual Office Hours. Office hours will be scheduled in 20 minutes blocks of time on Microsoft Teams. If you would like to schedule an office hour, please complete this link.
RPS Food Distribution
Office of Student Services
Special Education Support
If you have any questions about your student’s IEP or services please reach out to our building Team Chairperson, Shana Goldwyn at Shana.Goldwyn@reading.k12.ma.us
Family Support Resources
Please be reminded of these amazing resources, if your family is in need:
- RPS Behavioral Health Resources linked here.
- Town of Reading: compiled resources linked here.
- RCASA and Mental Health Support linked here.
- St. Vincent de Paul linked here.
- Free & Reduced lunch access: sign up here.
- Reading Food Pantry linked here.
- Project Bread link here.
- Residential Financial Assistance (Rent/Mortgage) link here. (New resource! Check it out!)